Options

Heating and AC units

Can someone help us understand how the heat/AC works in our 2012.  We aren't sure which wall mounted thermostat controls which unit and what the units run on. Gas, battery, or plugged in?  I have attached images of what the thermostats and units look like. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Ah, you've got the cool cat!

It also looks like you have a forced air furnace.  That unit is hidden inside the lower cabinetry.

The cool cat is a heat pump, and is capable of both heating and cooling the cabin.  It runs exclusively on 120v power, and you must be connected to shore power or have a generator connected.  It is controlled by the Dometic panel in the bottom of the photo.

The forced air furnace requires propane and 12v (which can also be provided by shore power).  It is heat only, and is controlled by the Atwood control on the top of the photo.

Theoretically you could run both devices simultaneously but the cabin is small enough that either device would heat just fine independently.  For winter camping the forced air is more effective.  The cool cat is good for the other 3 seasons.

I hope this helps.

T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    According to the instructions, the cool cat heat pump will only work down to about 40F. Below that you need the gas furnace.
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2016
    The top one is the atwood furnace, located under the driver side seat (back bench).  The ducts are the round things.   The small toggle on the upper right is the on off switch (clicks to on or off).  The bottom i the "temperature" gauge.  
    I don't have the heat pum, only the furnace.  Works well.  The temperature control is a bit crude, but you'll get the hang of it.....Works well.