Options

New Solar Panels for M@bel!

Santa brought me the Zamp 200w solar panel for M@bel!  I just had to hook it up and test it out even though M@bel is parked in the back yard.  It was super easy to set up...pretty much plug and play...and Santa also left an extension cable for it too, which helped since the sun was in back of the camper.  I did not need it for the below photo, but did to move it any farther away.  I read Verna's and PXLated's comments about their solar panels on LauraRey's thread when she first bought her T@B.  Although I did receive these as a gift from 'He Who Buys The Biggest Available', I probably would have gone with the 200s for the same reason as Verna.  It is larger and weighs in at @50lbs...but I'm just going to tell myself when I'm hefting it around that it's part of my new workout program.  
Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

=) jealous, but in a good way  congrats! 

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    boo - That just means M@ble will be getting a generator gift next year :-)
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    Congrats!  Santa was generous. :)
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Congrats!  As I lifted the Zamp yesterday, I reminded myself it will weigh less in April after I have my Zamp power lifting muscles back in shape after lifting it frequently this winter!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Congrats and now it's off to parts undiscovered!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Smullis7 - I have the Zamp 160w and also got the extension cord for it, but have found I really don't need to move the panels at all. Even when it's cloudy or raining, I've found that size still charges a.o.k. The only thing I do is when I set it up, take a look at which side it will receive the most sun. This set up also allows me to use my very hefty motorcycle chain/lock to be placed either in one of the handles or around the tongue. 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Thanks for the info, Mickietucs!  That will save me a lot of unnecessary fidgeting it around.  
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    mickietucs & Smullis, We have the 100w Renogy with extensions, and if you pick your initial spot where you capture the most sun per day, moving it around is usually not an issue for us either. Maybe once a day at the most. Enjoy, you'll love it!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I tend to move mine a couple times a day - It's so easy. But, I tend to tuck into nice little spots under trees and the sun gets blocked at any one position for some part of the day. If you're out in the open, facing south gets you all day sun but if you like to tuck in, not so much.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358

I have the 200W Zamp and really like them.  I agree with PXL and try to keep the T@B shaded.  I have two 15' cables and a long shank padlock.  Also have a Zamp 10' (?) extension cord.  The Zamp frame is wide enough to drill a 1/2" hole for the padlock.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Very nice, that is a lot of power.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I couldn't drill a hole in the frame because my chain is insanely thick (I know, it's just a deterrent) and having it wrapped around the tongue or handle on the tab and through the handle and legs of the Zamp works plus I don't have to mess with moving it around - at least so far!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @mickietucs, it looks like Outback AZ put his padlock through the hole he drilled in his Zamp frame.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna is correct.  However, an "insanely thick chain" could be attached to the extra long shank on the padlock.  Of course, all of this is just an attempt to slow down the bad guys and hope they go elsewhere.
  • Options
    I have a long security cable I bought for my panels and rarely use it - Only out in the boondocks when they're going to be left alone for a period when I'm out/about. Never use it in campgrounds. There are usually so many unsecured panels sitting out and people kind of look out for each other. For instance, right now in this campground, 45% of the sites have panels sitting out.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    Verna is correct.  However, an "insanely thick chain" could be attached to the extra long shank on the padlock.  Of course, all of this is just an attempt to slow down the bad guys and hope they go elsewhere.
    Frank - I'll take a look at yours at T@Bazona (although I think we all have hookups so our panels probably won't be deployed) or perhaps you can look at my padlock - it, too, is very thick so I'm not sure it's feasible to drill a hole in my Zamp. But will see!

• Options
    Michele - as long as the shank on the lock is 1/2" or smaller, it will fit in a 1/2" hole drilled into the Zamp frame.  I'll bring my drill to T@Bazona in case you want to do this.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    Michele - as long as the shank on the lock is 1/2" or smaller, it will fit in a 1/2" hole drilled into the Zamp frame.  I'll bring my drill to T@Bazona in case you want to do this.
    Okay - we'll assess it when I see you - thanks!