Options

Stainless Steel for my Kitchen

I have a clamshell T@B that I would like to swap out the current kitchen backing for stainless steel backing behing the stovetop. Does anyone know of a place to get this done or does Little guy sell this accessory.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I would check with a place like Home Depot, Menard's or Lowe's and talk to the people in their kitchen & appliance area.  It should be easy enough to have a custom piece of stainless steel material ordered and cut to size and am sure they make a means of securing it as well via screws that sit into a stainless (raised edges) collar of sorts and that will hold the stainless piece to the wall.  That and possibly in conjunction with an adhesive to keep it flush to the wall, etc.  I doubt Little Guy or the factory would have the stainless, but you could certainly call them and ask.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    We have an inside kitchen, we installed Aspect peel and stick stainless steel subway tile. You can find it at Home Depot. 
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Where did you find the wooden box? I've been looking for one exactly like that and one a little smaller to hang above it (with command strips of course).
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Isn't the backing a curved stainless steel design?  Would it need to be custom molded?
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    We got the box at bed bath & beyond, I cut it down and re-glued it up. It holds all of our coffee and fixings.

It is held in place by Velcro on the tile.

2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
  • Options
    I cut my tiles to fit after making a cardboard templet. But the Clamshell backsplash looks flat so it would be more simple. Use a chop saw to cut tiles to fit, and tin snips.
  • Options
    renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    We got the box at bed bath & beyond, I cut it down and re-glued it up.

Hi @BirdieJane, saw this on Pinterest and wondered what is it that you have around the lower half of the mason (?) jars? Is it something to facilitate (cushion?) when on the move?
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise