Options

Hi from the north

joansiejoansie Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Introductions
I'm Joansie's husband. We have just purchased a used T@B and are waiting for the weather to warm so we can bring it home. We have no place to put it until the snow melts. It is a TAB Fireball 2007. We are going to pull it with a 2010 Subaru. Hope all goes well. We have tent camped before and decided to try a small camper we could pull with our car. Wish us luck!
Ron and Joan, 2007 T@B Fireball, 2010 Forester The Pull T@B

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to the forum and am glad that you were able to get on today as I heard there were some initial problems signing up. Post up some shots of your trailer when you have time.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Welcome to the T@B forum. The people here are a wealth of experience and knowledge. Hope you have fun in your T@B .
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Would like to post some photos but I am a slow learner when it comes to putting photos out. Is there a place to get instructions?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The photo upload instructions are listed in the forum help area.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike
  • Options
    Our new used T@B Fireball! It's a 2007. The guy who had it originally was a pilot and kept it in his hanger at Oshkosh and used it for the fly-in. Like new inside. Hope I did this correctly!
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Thank you for the great picture of T@BFireball. Love the graphics.
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Does this tell you anything about our weather? This was the day we bought our T@B. My wife said,"Pose!". So I did. But not very well. We were in an unheated building and it was about 10 degrees outside. Now it is March and it is 10 degrees outside! No! Just kidding it is 19! And the snow has gone from 2 feet to one foot. Hey, it's Springtime in Wisconsin! The locals have their motorcycles out!
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Love your trailer, Joansie! I brought mine home when it sub-zero temps, too, and I remember struggling to put the cover on. Br-r-r-r!!!! It was so cold I forgot to take pictures! At least we don't have snow piles here in sunny Denver, but we keep getting little storms that blow rain/sleet every few days . . . then it melts.

How does your 2010 Subaru tow the T@B? I know you've got some hills in Wisconsin, just like we do in Colorado. I plan to stay "low" for the first year until I feel comfortable towing. Have you ever towed before? #-o
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Well Beth, we really don't know because it is in the place we bought it until it warms up and some more of the snow melts here at home so we can get it up our driveway. Our driveway is pure ice and I wouldn't want it to slide sideways or we would be blocked in. So it is resting where it is until the end of March or beginning of April. Joansie is way to anxious to bring it home. She has the basement full of stuff for the trailer already. Point of interest, our son lives in the mountains near Bailey and we try to make it out once a year. I'm retired but Joan still works. You could say I'm a house husband. Our travels will be mostly flatlands for the beginning until we are use to how it pulls and how the Sube does pulling it. The highest hills here are about 300 feet. We live on top so it will be coming home that will be uphill. But I hauled a trailer with 1000 pounds plus of patio blocks last fall and it did just fine. So I think it will do just fine.

Ron and Joan
    Westby, WI
  • Options
    I escaped from the frozen north back in January and what a tough winter it's been. Looking for some new adventures soon starting here in Florida and westward to Arizona after I roll out the new Silver Shadow in just over a week. The adrenalin is starting to flow along with those thoughts of new adventures that might be if things go as planned. My girlfriend is meeting me out in Tucson in April and we will depart from there, arriving back in Michigan in late April.

Can't wait!

PS - Thanks for sharing your photos as you guys look very happy and no doubt are itching to get the T@B out again soon too!