Options

Light over license plate full of water

So, while I was out trying to figure out the best place to mount a rearview camera, I discovered the little light over the license plate was full of water.  Have any of you experienced that?  How did you get it to drain?  I tried pulling the fixture free, but the wires going into it are very tight and don't seem to have any excess wire to enable me to pull the fixture a couple of inches away from where it is attached.
Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think you are still under your 1 year factory warranty. This should be taken care of by your dealer.  Contact them and see what they want you to do to remedy the problem. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TaBulatedTaBulated Member Posts: 24
    I don't know if this YouTube video will help but but back in 2013 a guy named Rallylsetta made a lot of T@B related videos. In one he was talking about a problem he had with tail light leaks, i.e. he found water behind his tail lights in the little well that is there. Here is a link to the video it explains how he got behind the tail light and found the water and what he did about it. Possibly it may be of help to your situation.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ12MDdEOM&index=16&list=PLzsC1ymNvWlHHG2YcYqqLR-X00hbX-oIj
    2017 T@B Max U
    TV: 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
    David & Barb - Edmond, OK
  • Options
    dvgibsondvgibson Member Posts: 33
    I have water in my license plate light as well, new T@B 400. Taking it back to the dealer would be a least a couple of days, all in the wrong direction. So owner fix time. Water comes in under the plastic diaper and then down the wires in to the lamp fixture. Had a huge glop of tub caulk on it but still water got in. I have pulled it away but not been able to get it drain. Now thinking of drilling a drain hole. Anyone else run into this? 

This trailer has never been driven through rain. But lots of rain has fallen on it. I think the water is wrapping around the outside, see the dirt? and then between the base and then in the wire holes. That's where the sealing should have been. 
    T@B 400 2018 Tacoma TRD SR5