Options

Cushion Diamensions...

Hello All,

picking up my new T@B soon but plan on reupholstering the side cushions.  My plan is to have the back seat always set-up like a day bed but want to, as soon as possible take care of the sides.  Could someone please measure the depth, length and how high of those cushions sit?  Going to shop for fabric to have by the time my T@B shows up. 

Thanks!
PS. 2017 T@B Max S model is coming  ;)
M@rilyn
Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
But still passionate about the brand!

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Hi Marilyn! Welcome to the T@B family! Try this older thread and see if this is what you were looking for:
     http://www.tab-rv.com/forum#/discussion/3107/cushion-cushion-whos-got-the-cushion

Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    edited February 2017
    @Homebodyatheart  Thanks, I saw that post but wasn't sure if these were the correct dimensions for my unit.  "dimensions I used  were 4" x 19-1/2" x 34", 4" x 14" x 31-1/2" and 4" x 20-1/2" x 31-1/2", 2 of each"
    So, which is the side cushions seat and back cushion?  There are three sets of dimensions here or are all three what I need?  Confused!
    M@rilyn

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Maybe the easiest thing to do is to measure your cushions so that you are sure of your measurements vs another model year. The other option is to order them through PV and custom pick the fabric. I know they require a 10 yard piece delivered of your choice if you are doing all the cushions. I'd give Elsie at PV a call and see what she has to say. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'd send the fabric you want and have the factory do it - two of the side cushions are not retangular, the have a curved rise to meet up with the back bench - don't know how one gives dimensions for those.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    PXLated said:
    I'd send the fabric you want and have the factory do it - two of the side cushions are not retangular, the have a curved rise to meet up with the back bench - don't know how one gives dimensions for those.
    It's a thought but I'm not doing the odd the ones, just the two seats that will stay up on the sides.  Besides, I have done seat cushions before, so I would rather do this myself and save a bunch of money.  Thanks!!
    M@rilyn

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    One thing that may complicate it is that they changed the foam they used - Not sure exactly when or if it affected the dimensions at all though.
  • Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2017
    Wow! I had no idea the factory would do it. Does anyone know the cost? Or maybe it's only for new T@Bs that you order?
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I'm also looking to cover my cushions as I don't like any of the fabric choices.

This link may help; specifically, scroll down to Sandra's comments. She lists the dimensions for each cushion. If I remember correctly, you'll need at least 11 yards of fabric.
    I'm not sure if the factory still makes custom covers; when I asked Patsy Miller at Miller Trailer Sales about where I should send my fabric to, she replied with, "they don't do that anymore."
    A phone call to Elsie wouldn't hurt. Let me know what you find out?

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1936/slipcovers#latest
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    I'm also looking to cover my cushions as I don't like any of the fabric choices.

This link may help; specifically, scroll down to Sandra's comments. She lists the dimensions for each cushion. If I remember correctly, you'll need at least 11 yards of fabric.
    I'm not sure if the factory still makes custom covers; when I asked Patsy Miller at Miller Trailer Sales about where I should send my fabric to, she replied with, "they don't do that anymore."
    A phone call to Elsie wouldn't hurt. Let me know what you find out?

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1936/slipcovers#latest
    Thank you!
    M@rilyn

• Options
    CatPhilippeCatPhilippe Member Posts: 3
    I am about to make new covers for all my cushions, and I noticed they have these straps between the back cushion and the seat cushion. Are those crucial to have? Do they add important functionality? I was going to add some no-slip under the cushions anyway. And also upholster both sides with same fabric so they can be flipped over (vs having vinyl on one side). Not sure if there is an issue with that? Have not actually camped in our new used T@b. 
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I reached out to Elsie about cushion dimensions, she replied with this:

Clamshell cushions size 20”x 58” seat 14” x 58” back. Front bench seat 20.5” x 47”. All fabric is 54” wide. Hope this answers your question.
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    I reached out to Elsie about cushion dimensions, she replied with this:

Clamshell cushions size 20”x 58” seat 14” x 58” back. Front bench seat 20.5” x 47”. All fabric is 54” wide. Hope this answers your question.
      Thankyou!
    M@rilyn