Options

ALDE system

Hi all I am new and have a problem with my heating system. My wife and I bought a new TAB cs Clamshell and only used it once. We didn't have any hot water. I think it is user error. Can someone guide me step by step on how to drain the boiler and refill it. I may have air trapped in the line. Which valves do I turn off and on and etc. I would really appreciate this info. I am 73 years old and not too bright. Again thanks a million.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I am traveling right now and wish I could post more info but am in a remote location and away from any real internet access.  I would recommend that you search the forum using the search box at the top, right hand side and look for winterizing the T@B as there is information there and photos that will show the winter/summer valve positions.  

It is difficult to convey this type of information without knowing the Year T@B you have and actually seeing the plumbing in your unit too. The plumbing system is relatively easy to understand if you follow the hot and cold water lines in and out and to the sink, shower and into and out of the Alde unit.

Here is a diagram I keep stored in my cell phone. Try it out and make sure you run the pump, open up the sink faucet, the shower and flush the toilet a few times too to let any trapped air escape.

Goid luck!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    unless your water isn't coming out it might be as simple as turning up the water mixing valve which comes turned down to the cold position. Get your Alde manual out and it will show you a diagram of the temperature mixing valve for the Alde.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322

2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Maybe I'm a dunce, but those are the strangest directions. Can anyone put this in plain-speak that I can understand? Seems like there would be a labeled diagram. I'm pretty much a visual learner.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Dave, I found the knob turned counter clockwise where it was at the coldest position. I turned i all the way clockwise to turn the heat up to maximum...you may end up leaving it somewhere in the middle
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.