Options

Show Us Your Cabinets

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
One of the big questions I have is where and how I'm going to store stuff. I know a lot of it will just be kept in the TV. How are all of you dealing with the extremely limited storage space  in the T@B? What are you putting where.

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Well, here are a couple of shots of how I organize my T@B.  All my GSI dishes are behind the coffee pot.  I added the rear under-cabinet cargo net storage and I love it. I added a Command shelf to the inside of the front cabinet for my dish washing supplies.  It's definitely a challenge to fit everything in and make it well organized, but it's doable.  I'm going to be adding another cargo storage net over one of the tiny shelves (driver's side) and also under the air conditioner.  

The front cabinets are where I keep stuff like my silverware, can opener, and cooking utensils, as well as some Nalgeen bottles (leakproof!!!) that I keep olive oil, vinegar, and syrup in.  I also keep my propane igniter lighters, my little condiment holder, and other miscellaneous stuff there.

I can fit my knee pad, my shower shoes, and my little dust broom/pan in the cabinet where the fresh water tank is. 

My rear cabinets keep all my "staple" stuff, like a hat, gloves, shower curtain, coffee & filters, batteries, and stuff that I won't be taking out of my T@B in between trips, i.e., bug spray, sun screen, etc. 

I use a lot of Command hooks and I have a couple of the little Command shelves.  I like them and they require no drilling into the T@B.  My yellow strainer in the 2nd photo is secured behind the water pipes with a Command hook. 

Hope this gives you some ideas. 

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Cool, good start -Thanks Wanderoo
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    It's amazing how much stuff you can cram into those cabinets.  I was concerned about it at first, but I found after each trip that I was carrying things I didn't need and what I did need I found a place for.  I think you will find the same thing.  I use storage tubs of different sizes for things that might jostle around.  It's pretty easy to find the right sizes after you determine your needs.  I think you will find in the end that you won't have to leave anything you really need behind.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    The Facebook page has an album on storage.  You all may want to add your photos :)
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Haven't visited the Facebook page - don't really do Facebook ... What's it listed as (or is there a handy link) - Thanks
  • Options
    I'm sure you're right Larry - Picked the little bugger up today so now I can start playing.
    Would still like to see what others are doing - There's always something one hasn't thought - There's wisdom in the crowds.
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Wanderoo. I like the cargo net idea. How did you attach them? I had hoped to work on ours as we spent 2 days going over everything. Didn't happen. My first attempt, bathroom squeegee with suction cup on shower door. Won't stick LOL
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Hi, Judymac -- The net is by Obie and is 7" x 14" H x 48" - 59" (L) -- got it at Camping World.  It comes with it's own little J-hook mounts and screws.  It took me about 1-1/2 hours to install it, but it is totally doable by a girl with a little confidence in her cordless drill.  :):)  The included screws barely clear the plywood in the T@B's back shelves, but I have some shelf liner on the bottom of the shelves so it isn't a problem with penetration (or use shorter screws).  Just take your time measuring for and drilling the holes. I tapped a pilot hole with a nail first and DO WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES.  Also, make sure your drill is dead center on the hole and apply steady force with the drill.  I am happy with the finished product, and it adds a ton of storage space in my T@B.    B-)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Like it and thanks. I haven't mustered the nerve to drill my first hole. It is a great idea.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32