Options

How to keep the frig vent clear

drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
Thanks for the answers to keeping the vent clear under the refrig on the max S .  I ended up with this idea.  Hope it works as planned.  Real rough having to finish those nuts in one night!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Mine doesn't have that vent. When did PV stop using the vent in that location. I have a '17.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Must have been 2016, then. Mine has it. And both of these ideas are genius!
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    We also have a '17.  Ours also came with the fan switch that vents through the curb side wall.  Mid year changes???
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can't recall when exactly they added the aux exhaust fan but thinking early 2016 as I installed the kit to my 2015 the summer/fall before last.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited April 2017
    The factory changed the 3-way frig model in the 2014 T@B's. Due to the unusually cool summer that year, the problems with 3-way fridge creating too much heat under the countertop were not found until the summer of 2015. Butter melted, bread wrappers melted on the counter tops, think of the chocolate bar messes. The Norcold built-in fan using the floor vent was not powerful enough to draw the warm air from the top of the fridge. 

The solution was for the external vent behind the outside T@B door to be replaced with a vent that had a small computer type muffin fan in it. It worked. The fan pulled the extra heat, exhausting it from the fridge surface under the countertop. 

So, it now appears the factory has once again changed models. It's great that they are still small enough that they can change fridge models for the new model year, and sometimes in the middle of a model year. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”