Options

Travelling with Dawg

OneOleManOneOleMan Member Posts: 10

I’ve still not pulled the plug and now waiting to see the post November T@Bs.  Anyway, one thing I keep thinking about is the dog, an older 85 pound Aussie, and how he’ll fit in the T@B along with me.  I know some of you out there have a large dog that comes along with you so my questions for you are: “How does it all work out for you?  What accommodations are needed to make the journey of camping in a T@B comfortable for both of you?”

Pat
Life is Good

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We have a 5yr old 60# Aussie/German/? mix of a wonderful dog and have camped with him 3 times since we got our T@B in early summer. It's awfully nice to have the tent attached, leave the T@B door open (tent closed), and let him sleep outside. It's kinda tight for the two of us in the bed, and he doesn't have much floor space when the bed's made up. However, he's good even then; we may find out this weekend as we try the T@B out (w/ dawg) in cool/cold weather and won't leave the door open.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
        I travel with a 50 lb Boxer. The two of us sleep find even in the twin bed set up. Both in bed.  You'll be find I'm sure

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I travel with an Australian Cattle Dog (just over 40 pounds).  Since it's just us, I leave the bed made in the full configuration.  The dog allows me to sleep in the bed while he curls up in the bed at the foot. :o3

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RZRBUG said:
    I travel with an Australian Cattle Dog (just over 40 pounds).  Since it's just us, I leave the bed made in the full configuration.  The dog allows me to sleep in the bed while he curls up in the bed at the foot. :o3
    LOL, sounds like my Aussie and me only at bed time we race to the bed; if he wins I curl up at the foot of the bed :-)
    Pat
    Life is Good
  • Options
    We have a 5yr old 60# Aussie/German/? mix of a wonderful dog and have camped with him 3 times since we got our T@B in early summer. It's awfully nice to have the tent attached, leave the T@B door open (tent closed), and let him sleep outside. It's kinda tight for the two of us in the bed, and he doesn't have much floor space when the bed's made up. However, he's good even then; we may find out this weekend as we try the T@B out (w/ dawg) in cool/cold weather and won't leave the door open.

Having an attached tent sounds like it could work with Gonzo, (Dawg).  It'd be interesting to hear how Dawg and you did with the door closed.

Pat
    Life is Good
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    The Dawg did great...he alternated between the floor (with one of his beds) and up with us, with plenty of room.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...