Options

Bathroom Shelf

I'd like to put a shelf in my bathroom adjacent to the sink.  Any suggestions?  Would a "sticky" one stay there and hold a few toiletry items?  I'm sure I don't want to use screws, right?

Comments

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    My model doesn't have a sink, but I hung a small shelf for toilettties on the bottom of the mirror using waterproof Command strips...so far, so good.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    I tried command strips for a basket and waterproof toilet paper holder.  Didn't work very long.  I decided to screw them in carefully and use bathroom caulk in and around the holes.  So far, so good.
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    We put a small tension rod above the toilet and got a hanging shower caddy at amazon.   We are also using it to hang a waterproof toilet paper holder.   https://www.amazon.com/Evelots-Quick-Dry-Hanging-Dispenser-Pockets/dp/B00OACNKS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492459856&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=evelots+shower+caddy&psc=1
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    littlelululittlelulu Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the advice....I use a tension shower rod that runs the length of the bathroom.   It's great for towels!  
  • Options
    littlelululittlelulu Member Posts: 16
    I checked out the hanging shower caddy...that's perfect!  Going to order it today.
  • Options
    HappyCamperWivesHappyCamperWives Member Posts: 33
    Be careful hanging anything too heavy with the stickies. We tried a shower caddy and it starting pulling the wallpaper off the wall :/ 
  • Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    Can T@B Walls support drywall anchors? 
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    They will, but I don't think you'd need them.

I've found that thick wood screws or sheet metal screws (no longer than 3/4 inch deep in) will hold just about anything.  The floor/sides of the T@B are thick sheet aluminum and composite.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sorry, but no, to the wall anchors or any other screws in the side walls, unless it is in the wooden valences. The inside is 1/8" composite material, sandwiching 1" of styrofoam insulation, with an 1/8" alumna-fiber exterior (except on the Sofitel, which does have aluminum on the outside walls).  There is not enough to hold a wall anchor or screw. While the roof does have aluminum "studs" going from side to side, the walls only have aluminum around the window or any other planned openings. I have placed photos of cutouts of a floor and wall section in previous posts.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Vera, good information.  The reason I ask is I am trying think of a means to anchor a screen /mesh/protector in front of the T@B's door screen to keep the dog off i\the screen.  (Other than just leaning something up against it).  I was thinking of three or four earth magnets on either side of the door frame to hold a three foot high expanded metal protector.
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    @Bill_Cochrane, yes, the screen can surprise many dogs. 

You can get Command Strips Velcro strips that hold very well on the wall. Be sure to follow the structions--use rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the wall, let it dry, etc.

You could stick the rare earth magnets to the sticky side of the Velcro (not the wall side of the Velcro). Then you would have two ways to remove the expanded metal protector--Velcro, or rare earth magnet. 

Knock on wood, I have not had the Command strip Velcro pull off of the walls in my T@B that has a 2015 interior. I have a key holder on the wall that has been there for almost two years. It holds one or two sets of keys, one or two flashlights and it's still hanging. Just follow the instructions exactly. 

Also, if you use nylon or leather leashes, I've found they stay in place looped over the screen door frame.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna do you know if there is a wood door frame (2x4?).  I could inlay rare earth magnets there.

• Options
    There is no wood in floor nor exterior walls of your T@B. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN