Options

Can't find the safety/drain valve for Alde 3010

Does anyone now where I should look for the drain valve with the yellow top? I feel kind of silly asking, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe I don't have one? 
Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @SnapDog, don't have an outback, but a 2017 sofitel. If you have a CS, not familiar with that configuration, but if you have an "S" model, the yellow toggle for the alde tank drain is in the rear sofa compartment next to the alde unit itself. 6 to 12 inches from the unit, at floor level. Some pics here on the forum. Yes, it is yellow. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Thanks dragonsdofly. I see from your picture that my valve is missing. There's a white connector in the blue hose where your valve is, but no valve. I'll ask my dealer about it. 
  • Options
    Capt_KLRCapt_KLR Member Posts: 38
    Snapdog, did you ever get an answer from your dealer why they removed your safety/drain valve for your Alde?

If you did what was the reason.
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    @Capt_KLR yes - they told me it was because people were complaining that they had no hot water after driving over bumpy roads. The tech believed water was leaking out of the Alde drain valve so he removed it. 

They put it back in at my request. We've taken the tab over some rough roads including long sections of washboard and haven't had a problem. I believe they have discontinued the practise. ;-) 
  • Options
    Capt_KLRCapt_KLR Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the reply.

The reason for the removal seems, at best, pretty sketchy. I didn't know people towed there trailers with the Alde system operating on propane. I guess folks do, but see this as a safety issue.

I don't know if you purchased yours new, but I don't feel they operated the Alde system on your trailer and towed it down a bumpy road and found it leaked and there was no hot water. Then removed the safety/drain valve.

I know the dealer where my trailer was purchased arbitrarily removed it on the rumor that some owners reported the the valve leaked. It sounds like they did not tell you they removed it when you purchased your trailer, same sinerio here.
  • Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2017
    Capt_KLR said:
    I didn't know people towed there trailers with the Alde system operating on propane. I guess folks do, but see this as a safety issue.
    When we picked up our T@b 400 two weeks ago, the dealer warned us to always turn off the propane at the main valve before towing.  Apparently it's illegal in Washington state because in an accident even a small propane hose leak can quickly expand and accelerate into a serious fire in the presence of a spark or flame.
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle