Options

Inflatable Kayaks

There was an article in the September 2014 issue of Trailer Life about RV-Friendly Watercraft.  I am thinking about getting the Advanced Elements Advanced Frame Support Kayak, Sport Model.  I am a novice kayaker and just want to use it for paddling around lakes and such.  No white water.  Hoping this model will be okay.  Any comments?  #-o
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    Kates_MobyKates_Moby Member Posts: 38
    I am looking at the Sea Eagle 370. I have been reading reviews. Googlr reviews and see what people say. It helps.
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Look into Innova kayaks.  They make a large variety of inflatable types.  They are not cheap, but well made and don't paddle like a barge.  My wife and I own a Helios 2 tandem model, that paddles well with one person paddling, me!  My wife likes to watch the scenery.  The paddles break down into 4 sections, the boat inflates and is ready to go in less than 10 minutes, plus we have the optional sea rudder, in case of large waves. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I was planning to buy one of the Advanced Elements kayaks this summer.  They get great reviews.  Our plans this year didn't include much in the way of float trips, but it's still on the list.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I bought a Sea Eagle kayak (the three seater deluxe). We love it... packs up nice, fits in the back of my JK, and has allowed us to make great use of the water at campgrounds (and local when not camping). Doesn't take up much room either in the vehicle or the garage. Better than expected.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Kates_MobyKates_Moby Member Posts: 38
    Great to hear you like the sea eagle. I just bought the same one for my husband for Christmas. Great price!
  • Options
    rverginiarverginia Member Posts: 21
    Aquaglide chinook tandem. Love it. Traded up from the sea eagle after one use. Like the nylon upper material better than the rubberized plastic.
    Bob and Pam, Martha Lake, Washington 2015 T@B Q M@xx PorT@Bella, Mercedes GLK-350, Shitake the Kayak, and our bikes - Chan and trelle.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516

Just a quick comment from a former ocean kayaker, take a kayaking class from your local rec department or adventure shop.  They are fun and you learn a lot, even if you plan on doing nothing more that goofing around  

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    It is a great activity, I miss it, I think I will need to get another one....Just what I need, another hobby and another toy!