Options

Clear Tube?

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
Anyone have any idea what the clear tube next to the fresh water filler tube?
Blew everything out yesterday, was crawling around underneath today checking on things and noticed this tube still had some water in it. Not filled but sections with air gaps between.

Comments

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Following.
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Can you see the clear tube inside to see where it goes?  Could it be an overflow drain? 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I was thinking overflow as well.  The tube follows the filling pipe back up into the body, and then drops back down into the floor from what I can tell.  Good idea as it would allow you to actually store a little extra water in the filling pipe.

The fresh water tanks now being installed are flush with the frame and centered below the floor, where the one on my 2012 is inside the body on the front corner.  I should have taken a better look at the new installations when I was at the factory in August.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Just to expand a little further, I don't think a little water being in this tube would be a problem, it would always be open on one end, so the water would have a place to expand to if and when it freezes in it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I didn't try to follow it up beyond the floor. Overflow is probably what it is - since it enters the fresh water tank at the top and there is that little overflow hole in the external port where you add the water. Could also allow air to get into the top of the tank to prevent a vacuum I suppose.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I was thinking "vent pipe" too as I know the T@B (sink/drains/etc.) units ARE vented, while Little Guy units are not.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    edited November 2014
    I am pretty sure it would allow air into the water tank. If it was completely sealed, when you start pumping water, it would create a vacuum. It was an overflow, I would expect it to be at a level close to the top of the water tank. From the photo, it appears to be about 6-8 inches above the top of the tank, which is now below the floor.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    It enters the tank at the top next to the fill hose - But ya, I'd expect a vent to come out of the top rather than the side.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Well here's proof that Heather and I were on the tour with you, Nathan, since we're in the background. lol
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.