Options

How Much For Gas?

RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
edited October 2014 in Camping & Travel
As I was filling my truck this morning I was wondering what I would have to pay for gas when I hit the road later on. I know that prices vary greatly between regions of the country, so I thought maybe we could sort of let each other know what we could expect to pay in traveling in each other's area of the country. I paid $3.34 for regular in northern Arkansas on 3/13/2014. Last trip I took, I paid an average of $2.89 per gallon.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    If you come up to western Michigan anytime soon, get a loan first for your gas purchases - it just went up to $3.82 per gallon. But that's not a problem since we seem to be a long way from camping season here anyway. Most campgrounds don't open until May 1 at the earliest. But once we get some nice weather, all T@bbers are welcome to check out the numerous campgrounds and delightful beach towns along the Lake Michigan shoreline - anywhere from South Haven north to the Mackinac Bridge. If you've never been to this part of the country, you should really put it on your travel list. Think spring……….and summer will follow!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Spent a week in the Silver Lake area last June. Very nice. Gas was a little less then.
    019.JPG 285.2K

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    I hate the fact that I have to budget in at least a $100 for gas every camping trip even though I have excellent camping choices only 50 to 150 miles away. My Jeep is a gas hog, so it's the biggest expense.
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    On my way home from work tonight (Denver, Colorado), Shell was reporting $3.55/gal. I think Costco (where I get my gas) was $3.34 last week when I filled up. It is a bummer that gas costs so much. :(
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yeah, but just smile when you think of those 40' RV's getting less than 10 mpg....at least we spend less on gas than they do!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2014
    I agree with Verna, as I'm always smiling when I pass those gigantic fuel hog motorhomes on my trips, pulling storage trailers with their Harley's loaded inside or with mopeds on the back and billowing huge plumes of black smoke, while coughing and sputtering up mountain sides and sucking fuel like water through a garden hose. 

The gas prices are interesting around the country and are currently around $3.80 a gallon out in LA at the coast..... I also use GasBuddy all the time as it is a great means of finding the cheaper gas. When I travel I normally look for Sam's Club stations for cheaper gas. Gas is running around $3.75 a gallon here in Venice, Florida at the moment, is $3.05 a gal. in San Antonio and around $3.35 a gallon out in Florence, AZ.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ