Options

Greetings from north Georgia, and Thanks!

Just wanted to say hello after several weeks of lurking, and thank the folks on this forum for all the good information being shared. I have learned a lot that helped make the final determination to pull the trigger on purchase of a T@b, and also much that helped me understand the operation of the T@b we purchased.  

My wife (Cindy) and I are now, as of a couple of weeks ago, the owners of a used 2015 Max-ish model S. We were looking at used trailers, since the budget can't handle new. In September we made a trip to Ohio for other reasons, but while there decided to stop by the factory so we could see the various models and the build operation. In front of the factory was the first of the 2015 feature models, which had been built and then put into rental service, and was now available for sale as a used trailer. A few weeks later, after we had confirmed the sale of our motorhome (going from a 36.5' motorhome to a T@B will be an "interesting" transition) and had negotiated a couple of changes to the used T@b, which LGWW and Pleasant Valley Trailers nicely accommodated (they do customer service right!), so I picked the T@b up on Oct 20.

I say Max-ish because this is Max except the kitchen, which has the 12v refrigerator rather than the 3-way. I think I like that for the lower electrical draw, although LP operation would make dry-camping more do-able. Mine also has the Yakima rack that will be featured on the Outback model.  

About us - I am a retired computer technician. We live in northwest Georgia in the vicinity of Chattanooga, Tennessee. My retirement project/hobby is photographing/identifying wildflowers and publishing USWildflowers.com. We have three daughters, two in the Chattanooga area and one in Idaho. All are married to great men, and have each given us 5 grandchildren. Yep - 15 grandkids.

Looking forward to continuing to learn much from this forum. Maybe I'll even be able to give back some in the future! Great information being shared here.
gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

Comments

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    We have friends in Ringold GA. Valley RV has a couple of older model teardrops, one for Ga Tech and 1 Auburn. We thought about going there, but we are UK fans. Thought we better not. Enjoy tour LG
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Welcome.  I just passed through Chattanooga yesterday, T@B in tow, making my way back to IL after participating in the "Coastal Caravan" where several T@Bs (and 3 Airstreams) visited four beach campgrounds over a 2-week period.  Had a blast.  Here we are leaving Myrtle Beach State Park and heading for James Island, SC.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for the welcomes, judymac and TABaker.

judymac - I was looking for a nearly new T@b for some of the recent features, like electric brakes. I did see one at a Ringgold dealer; think it was a 2006 model.

TABAker - That Coastal Caravan sounds like great fun, and looks good in that pic, too!

gcw
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander