Options

Drinking water

Hi all,

What do you all do for drinking water? Brita or other filter system? Most hookup sites provide "potable" water but not sure it's always good to trust it...

many thanks!

Greg K.

Comments

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    I drink it from the camper. DW goes out to spigot and fills water bottle, then drinks it. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    We take 7 gallons of filtered drinking water in Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container BPA FREE
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
    boo which hose are you referring too?
    Mickey & Terri
    2016 Max S
    Kalamazoo Michigan
  • Options
    TorzanneTorzanne Member Posts: 31
    This should be one of the polls, I'd love to know how many people drink directly from T@B faucet. We fill container from spigot outside, but then question why we don't just drink from faucet. I guess I trust that campgrounds will put up a sign if water isn't safe to drink. We filter at home but figure a few days of unfiltered water while camping is fine. 
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I drink from the T@B faucet.  I've always drank from my RV faucets, but I am also diligent about maintaining my fresh water tanks; i.e. Bleaching them at the beginning of each season and try to stick with chlorinated water.  I've never been sick from drinking from them.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I put a water filter on the outside and drink the water from the faucet.  If I'm not using city water, I fill my tank at home and take an extra large container with me.

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    @LauraRey I do the same; fill my tank from home and carry one (or two if necessary) six gallon jugs.  When the water level gets to 25% (which is when it starts sucking air), I use one six gallon jug to fill it up (which exactly fills it back up to 100%).  I don't filter it, though, as the water comes from my home.  Whenever I put "foreign" water into my tank, I filter it.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed