Wait Before Buying Anything From the Online Store

I used the new link on the nuCamp site to purchase a Walker Tent for our T@B 400. The sale seemed to go without a hitch, but I wanted to make sure I would receive the tent before we departed on our trip in a few days. Well, the phone number at the bottom of the page must be disconnected, because it has been giving me as busy signal for over 24 hours. I used the email contact and have not heard anything. I finally got in contact with Elsie in parts who told me that they would get the tent to me at our campground via UPS. Awesome sauce!
Then Elsie called me a couple hours later.
The Walker tents have all been sent out to be installed with a thicker connection that will fit the Keder rail on the US T@Bs (Walker tents are made in the UK to fit the German made 400). So, we do not know when we will be getting the tent. Furthermore, more than one contact at nuCamp has admitted that they should not have launched the online store yet; too many issues yet to be resolved. The advice I can offer to anyone dealing with nuCamp is: be patient. They are enduring a lot of growing pains and are aware of the communication issues between shops and departments.
Once we get the tent, we'll update with info regarding the tent itself and the process of receiving it.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Seems like the best solution at this point is to let nuCamp know of the glitches in one manner or another, so they can be resolved. After all they can't fix something they're not aware of. @knoxville1915, thanks for letting them not only be aware of the lack of communication, but doing a good follow-up as well! Thanks!!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited August 2017

Actually Walker tents (what they call awnings) are made in Holland but you have to visit the UK site if you want the facts in plain English. ;)
    http://www.walker.nl/  links to  http://www.walker-awnings.co.uk/

Now I understand why UK caravan sites carrying Walker say "Fit EU model T@Bs only". Thanks for the info.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Thanks @knoxville1915 for this informative post! I read somewhere way back in this forum that keder rails in the US are larger than in Europe. The awning set up I'd like is the Dometic RDome Cabana. It is sort of a Swiss army knife of awnings/screen room/tent. It's also less expensive. I would order one except the keder rail is a different size and the RPod is much taller than the T@b. In the meantime I'm happy with my little set ups!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    We have been getting alot of looks also over the past month or so with our new T@B 400. We have at least 1 person a day and any campsite we go to stop and ask us about it. Also this past week I ended up storing it in our driveway since we knew there were a few additions we wanted to do this week and now we have had people stopping at our house looking and asking about it! We also get those onlookers on the highway that just stare at it as they pass by!
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @WanderinginWonder you've got to love it! On my maiden voyage I booked a pull thru site that you could comfortably line 4 pick up trucks in. I had plenty of space! A nice older couple drove by and on their way back, stopped and jokingly asked if I had problems getting L@dybug in there. I told him it taxed my talents and with great effort on my part got her wedged in. We all had a good laugh! If nothing else they are great conversation starters!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2017
    Also this past week I ended up storing it in our driveway since we knew there were a few additions we wanted to do this week and now we have had people stopping at our house looking and asking about it! We also get those onlookers on the highway that just stare at it as they pass by!
    If it were me I'd make sure there was a wheel boot on the trailer tire (or two), a lock on the tongue and all four stabilizers down to take away people's temptation to steal your new trailer as they are eye candy.  I know that some unfortunate 400 owner is going to have this happen one day as has happened to other T@B owners, and people need to be vigilante in protecting their trailers and personal property.  I would even consider a hidden tracking chip too, just to be on the safe side.  You just never know these days as people are greedy and will do anything to make off with someone else's belongings!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    @Michigan_Mike thanks for the suggestions. I have been leaving my tow vehicle parked in front of it while it's park there and we always put the stabilizers down cause we always go in and out of it throughout the week. Right now my wife enjoys spending time in it just to sit there and relax. We have been looking at wheel boots but never through about then tongue lock. Definitely add that to the list of things to buy soon!
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    Our Walker tent for the 400 just arrived and, boy, it looks a bit daunting; lots of parts. We were planning on a test camp with it this week, but the weather does not look conducive to spending lots of time exposed to the elements whilst figuring out how to put this tent together!

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)