Options

2017 Norcold 3-way fridge (double side vent model) will it chill to 40 when outside temp hit 90?

dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
If you have a 2017 or newer model with only the two side vents, you have the Norcold N180.3. This model is installed without fan on a thermostat. Other models have a fan that kick on usually at 130 degrees Fahrenheit to cool the compartment down and draw air across the condenser fins. The fan is used primarily to help with performance, when temps rise in the compartment. It seems that a lot of us with this new model are having issues with the refrigerator keeping up when the outside temperature reaches 90 degrees. It seems to be more of a problem when power is coming from 12 volt, while connected to the tow vehicle. I would like to know how widespread this issue really is.
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

2017 Norcold 3-way fridge (double side vent model) will it chill to 40 when outside temp hit 90? 8 votes

Yes, I have never had any issue with cooling, even when running on 12 volt connect to tow vehicle.
12%
ColoradoJon 1 vote
Yes, but only when connected to shore power.
0%
Yes, but only when connected to shore power or when using it on propane.
12%
dsatwork 1 vote
No, I can't keep my food chilled properly if the outside temperature goes over 90 degrees.
37%
JohnDanielsCPARollingBnBSilver320 3 votes
I don't know
37%
HomebodyatheartRoameyToad 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    @ColoradoJon although you have a 2017 model, I don't think you have the N 180.3 Norcold fridge. Does yours yours have the two round exhaust ports in the front and the auxiliary fan modification, that allows you to turn it on when temps rise or your counter top gets hot?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Yes, I have never had any issue with cooling, even when running on 12 volt connect to tow vehicle.
    Mine has the two front vents, and the aux fan.  I rarely use the aux fan, only when using the stove.  I've got to say that I have had absolutely no problems at all with the Norcold fridge.  Yet.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    Mine has the two front vents, and the aux fan.  I rarely use the aux fan, only when using the stove.  I've got to say that I have had absolutely no problems at all with the Norcold fridge.  Yet.
    Yes, ours is a completely different design, with with no fan at all. Most people with your setup are not having any issues.
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Ah, sorry @dsatwork - It was early this morning when I read the post and it didn't register that you were discussing a different fridge!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    Ah, sorry @dsatwork - It was early this morning when I read the post and it didn't register that you were discussing a different fridge!
    not a problem just trying to be clear about which fridge is having the problem. I have made a request to Nucamp to provide an auxiliary fan for my model as a fix for the problem. I have my T@b in for warranty work on the fridge today and waiting to hear if they find anything else is an issue. The service rep believes adding an auxiliary fan will help.