Options

Warranty impact of modifications and upgrades

I would like to install the Alde "high altitude kit" as well as replace the fresh water fill port.  Will either of these modifications impact my warranty?
2022 T@B 400 BD
2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @JohnDanielsCPA, I would seriously be surprised if those items affect your warranty, but just to be sure, you can call nüCamp, warranty department or send an email to warranty@nuCamprv.com, as I don't have the final say. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Thanks Verna.  I'll give them a call.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
  • Options
    I received a call back from NuCamp warranty; obviously, they will not "warranty" the work I do.  In other words, if I mess something up while doing the install, I would need to pay the dealer (or someone else) to fix it.  However, the remainder of the warranty will not be impacted by this work.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Good news, @JohnDanielsCPA. Be careful!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I was having trouble with water flow in my Tab, because there were shavings clogging up the system left over from manufacturing. I started a dialog with the warranty department and we started trouble shooting the water. I showed them a video of my the issue and they noticed I had made modification that might have an affect on the issue they recommended I have a professional look at it. (Since there have been modifications we suggest taking this to a service center or your dealer, whichever is more convenient, to have the problem diagnosed.) Of course I still had the old faucet so I through it back on and showed them that was not the problem and they ultimately sent me a new part. So, just be sure your not having other issues before you make your changes. That's my 2 cents.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up.  I do have a couple of issues, but they would not be related to the fresh water fill, so I think I'm in good shape.
    2022 T@B 400 BD