Shore power works, battery power dead - any ideas?

Hi - my 2006 TAB has electrical issue.  the shore power works great.  but no power from battery.  replaced battery.  also replaced the short stop that sits between the battery and the TAB power and one of the wires had a rusty end so replaced that.  still no power from battery.  only thing I can figure is the converter box has gone bad.  looked where all the wiring is hooked up to converter and not seeing any disconnected wires.  any suggestions to trouble shoot further? 

Comments

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    fuse at the battery or the fuse in the panel?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Does your 2006 have an inline fuse at the battery?    I can't figure out how to copy the photo on page 1 from Fuses for Newbies in the Manuals category to the right but you could check it out.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Hi - my 2006 TAB has electrical issue.  the shore power works great.  but no power from battery.  replaced battery.  also replaced the short stop that sits between the battery and the TAB power and one of the wires had a rusty end so replaced that.  still no power from battery.  only thing I can figure is the converter box has gone bad.  looked where all the wiring is hooked up to converter and not seeing any disconnected wires.  any suggestions to trouble shoot further? 
    Your comment above is a little confusing.  Shore power works great?  Does this mean you have lights and power inside the trailer?  Your electric converter should work when plugged in to shore power.  The electric converter will run without the battery hooked up and if this is the case and you can run everything inside the trailer it is probably functioning fine.  

If you've replaced the battery and can get no power to the 12 volt devices inside you either have a blown fuse on the positive end just off the battery or possibly blown fuses in the inverter.  You may also have your wiring at the battery hooked up wrong as that's happened to people in the past too.   

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • kgreen_98kgreen_98 Member Posts: 11
    Will there always be a fuse at the battery? I don't see one on mine. I just see the 30amp fuse on the inverter. 
    New T@B Owner. 2006 CS Max Clam Shell. She may be small, but she is a cutie.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited September 2017
    Do you see this one? Found in Manuals category-fuses for newbies: it's the first, or top photo,

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3512/fuses-for-newbies#latest
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @kgreen_98, you have a Dutchman (DM) T@B, which was built to different standards than the current nüCamp/Pleasant Valley T@B's. You may not have a fuse at the battery, but you may have a fuse that is screwed into the tongue of your DM T@B. This fuse is replaceable, and can be purchased at auto parts stores. If you go on Facebook to the T@B Camping Trailers group, they know a lot more about the DM T@B's than we do here on the nüCamp owners forum. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • kgreen_98kgreen_98 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Verna, I found the fuse between the battery and the inverter. It was covered by a red rubber protector. My shore power and 12v from the truck all worked but when I just went 12v battery from T@B it did not work. After I switched out the short stop all is working well. Also thanks for the Facebook Page Lead. They had a thread on it and it helped a lot. Have a great weekend. 
    New T@B Owner. 2006 CS Max Clam Shell. She may be small, but she is a cutie.