Options

Alde Digital Display Off

Hey guys @Sandiegogal  cleaning the Tab today in preparation for a trip we leave tomorrow and says that the Alde Digital Display Off won't come on when you hit the power button. I searched of course but couldn't find a match. Basically, just want to know what to check first or is there a procedure like plug and unplug the unit? I know where all the fuses are, so I'm just wondering what the quickest way to troubleshoot this is?
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @dsatwork, probably stating the obvious here, but check the plug-in under the seat (driver's side) and make sure it's plugged ALL the way in. Check to see if the battery disconnect is in the "on" position. Check the inverter for a "thrown" breaker, and check the fuses. Hope this helps.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    ericnliz said:
    @dsatwork, probably stating the obvious here, but check the plug-in under the seat (driver's side) and make sure it's plugged ALL the way in. Check to see if the battery disconnect is in the "on" position. Check the inverter for a "thrown" breaker, and check the fuses. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Eric
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Ok so if your digital thermostat display won't turn on. It's likely to be the the Alde fuse that is closest to the front of the cabinet, at least that was the problem for me. First this is our first blown Alde fuse and we have plugged and unplugged many times, without paying attention to whether or not the Alde thermostat was on or off . But I do know that this time in an effort to save time, as is was testing my refrigerator modifications and fixes, I pulled the 30 amp shore power plug at the Tab and plugged it back in there too. Apparently, according to @Michigan_Mike that is a no no. I will be deligent to follow his recommendations in the future. See his comments from another post below: 

"I do make it a point to and as a part of my trailer ritual if you will, to ensure that the Alde unit is powered up properly and turned off properly every time I use the trailer as follows:  

I hook the 30 amp trailer power cord to the trailer first, to shore power last (and with the campground circuit breakers in the "off" position) and then "flip the circuit breakers on" to provide power to the trailer.  I do have an "in-line" Progressive Industries surge protector too that analyzes the circuit and shore power connection and voltage.
    After shore power has been properly hooked up and power is safely flowing into the trailer we then turn on the Alde unit.
    When we are completed with our camping activities for the weekend we then shut the Alde thermostat off and unhook from shore power in reverse, as noted above.  
    I have not experienced any issues with my trailer's Alde system after using the above criteria and understand that everyone has their own Alde Voodoo or steps therein that they stick to."

@Michigan_Mike, @Verna
    Feel free to close the discussion as added comments would only be redundant. I primarily added it because I could find what I was looking for when I searched 

"Alde Digital Display Off"

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @dsatwork, Glad to hear you found the "gremlin"!!! Best practice is to wait to turn the Alde "on" after you're hooked up & turn it off before unhooking. Happy camping!!!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz At East Meets West, I'll be first in line to attend your "Proper procedures for powering up and powering down" seminar.
This discussion has been closed.