Options

Christening of our T@B 400! Greetings from NC!

We have been making a few post over the past weeks so I figured today is the best time to do a proper introduction! We are Jeremy and Andrea! We are avid travelers that discovered the love of RV life during a road trip to Iceland 2 years ago. Since then we have been discussing a plan to start enjoying the RV life more and get out on the road to see more of the USA and the state we live in North Carolina. For many months we were planning on purchasing a B+ RV but we wanted to do it now so we started looking at the travel trailers and what options out there fit our taste and needs. Jeremy will be using it as his home away from home while working out of town but we also plan to use it pretty much every weekend and as much as we can. 

We soon discovered the T@B's! We went looking at the T@B 320's but after a second look it really didn't fit the needs for Jeremy and his work schedule/needs so luckily the same dealership had a few of the new T@B 400's that we looked at and fell in love with. Fast forward to now, we completely love our new baby and take it out as much as we can! We actually returned yesterday from a weekend trip to Uwharrie National Forest and here are a few shots of our T@B we have named Luxo (After the Pixar Lamp Mascot Luxo Jr.) and our TV (The Big Rolling Turd). 

So that's our story in a nutshell! We love our new adventures we find every week and are looking forward to discovering more! 

Now to the christening, we ordered a few Luxo Lamp decals off Amazon and today we cleaned off the spots we felt fit them best and officially banded him!

Can't wait to see everyone on the road! Not all who Wander are Lost !

If you want to follow our adventures you can find us on Youtube and Instagram 
2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC

Comments

• Options
    AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    We're in Wilmington, NC and bringing our 400 home this Friday. Can't wait! Keep writing about your adventures! It is really helpful to hear from other 'first timers' like we are! How did you like Uwharrie?
  • Options
    WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    @AMac  Glad to hear another local picked up a 400! Did you get yours from Wilmington RV also? We really enjoyed Uwharrie alot! We have to ignore the fact the road out to the campground (Arrowhead CG) was mostly dirt gravel road with alot of pot holes, but after that there is alot to take in that we never knew was there. Badin Lake, Kings Mtn Point, & Morrow Mountain were just a few of our favorite places. It is definitely worth the trip! Also there were no bugs at the campground  and it was nice and cool there too!
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    Congrats and enjoy! I love the Pixar reference and the T@B tats of Luxo! NC is on my short list for next year for our 400 (still shooting for Nova Scotia, though), so perhaps we will pass by at some point. You will enjoy this trailer!

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Love the lamp picts!! Very nicely placed. 

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing more about your travels!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    @AMac  Glad to hear another local picked up a 400! Did you get yours from Wilmington RV also? We really enjoyed Uwharrie alot! We have to ignore the fact the road out to the campground (Arrowhead CG) was mostly dirt gravel road with alot of pot holes, but after that there is alot to take in that we never knew was there. Badin Lake, Kings Mtn Point, & Morrow Mountain were just a few of our favorite places. It is definitely worth the trip! Also there were no bugs at the campground  and it was nice and cool there too!
    Yes, we got ours from Wilmington RV too - glad for the tip on Uwharrie! 
  • Options
    Congrats and enjoy! I love the Pixar reference and the T@B tats of Luxo! NC is on my short list for next year for our 400 (still shooting for Nova Scotia, though), so perhaps we will pass by at some point. You will enjoy this trailer!
    We definitely have enjoyed our 400 over the past month and a half. We have plans for Canada also to see some friends so we will have to keep a look out here in NC and there!
    Ratkity said:
    Love the lamp picts!! Very nicely placed. 

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing more about your travels!!
    Thanks for welcome! We thought long and hard to try to find the best places to put the decals and I think we made the right decisions!
    AMac said:
    Yes, we got ours from Wilmington RV too - glad for the tip on Uwharrie! 
    Glad to hear Matt and Kevin were able to help you out. They have been helping us since day one. During our walk through it was pouring down rain and the stargazer window was leaking. We walked inside and Kevin made the joke not knowing "So is it leaking everywhere" We said yep ! He got the deer in the headlights look walked outside to it, called nuCamp and got the resolution in minutes (the windows have up to 1/2" of adjustment if needed) I'm here to say they are great to work with!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    It's a beauty, keep us posted.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Love your camper...  Will look forward to your interior mod pics that show how you made it truly yours...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @WanderinginWonder, A hearty welcome, and may you have MANY memorable adventures in your new T@B! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Twojgrams said:
    It's a beauty, keep us posted.
    Thanks and we will!
    TerryV6 said:
    Love your camper...  Will look forward to your interior mod pics that show how you made it truly yours...
    Andrea has actually gone outside to take a few shots of the interior. It's still a WIP, after each trip we look at what we could have had to make something easier. That's how everything has gone so far outside our personal touches!
    ericnliz said:
    @WanderinginWonder, A hearty welcome, and may you have MANY memorable adventures in your new T@B! :)
    Thanks alot! Oh the plans we have and the adventures we will take!
  • Options
    @TerryV6 @VickeyP Here are a few of the current personalizing we have done to our 400 so far. There have been a couple of others that are still testing that are completely for additional storage that I'll make a post in the Modification/Upgrade area when we return from our trip next week. 

Fun pillows we use on our couch/bed area. We purchased these at Target and actually go great with the theme we have chosen to go with throughout the interior. 

We try not to look at our phone all the time while we are camping so we figured this wouldn't be a bad thing to add. 

Our first addition was this magnetic cloud. When we first camped in our 400 I kept putting the keys on the counter and I didn't like it. Andrea found this beauty on Amazon for a couple of dollars and fits perfectly.

These might be the biggest personalizing we have done. The first picture is just over our heads in our bed and is the motto we try to live by. The second is in the cabinets above the sink/stove and remind us when we look at it to keep looking for more adventures. 

Like I said we have a few other things we have done but they still need a little work before I show them. They still have a few kinks in them I need to work out before I say "Hey this works great! You should try it too" and then it's a terrible idea. I'll keep everyone updated!
  • Options
    VickeyPVickeyP Member Posts: 47
    @WanderinginWonder Thanks! Looking great!
    2018 T@B 400 Sw@llowt@il  - 2015 Highlander - Dunedin, Florida
    "Not all that wander are lost..." J. R. R. Tolkien

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I love your sentiment expressed in your themes...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI