Wrangler owners, can I see your 7pin connector and brake controller installs?

Slip7Slip7 Member Posts: 32
Looking for any fellow Jeep Wrangler owners out there so I can see what solutions folks have chosen to add their 7 pin connectors and how they have chosen to implement their brake controllers.  I'm weighing ideas on how to route the wiring and where the best spot is to mount the controller.  The more detail the better!  Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I wish I could help, but I'm mechanically inept.  What I can tell you is I had the work done by a local shop.  They removed the four pin connector and replaced it with a seven pin connector (close to the same area the four pin was).  I also have a prodigy brake controller installed below my steering area; (looks to be bolted low on the lower dash area).  It works great.  Hope that helps.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • jason330ijason330i Member Posts: 72

2017 T@b 320 S

2017 Kia Sorento SXL AWD

• LagerLager Member Posts: 6
    I had a local shop run a Mopar wire harness and had them install a Curt brake controller under and to the left of the steering column. It worked great. I no longer have the Jeep so I can't provide any pictures.
  • RonRon Member Posts: 137
    I mounted my controller directly under the steering column.  Easy to get to quickly and hide the wires.  What I don't like is the seven pin receptacle.  It is is the lowest item that will drag first.  May go after market bumpers this winter which will allow me to mount the receptacle in the bumper.  Just hope that I don't scrape the plug off first.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Ron said:
    I mounted my controller directly under the steering column.  Easy to get to quickly and hide the wires.  What I don't like is the seven pin receptacle.  It is is the lowest item that will drag first.  May go after market bumpers this winter which will allow me to mount the receptacle in the bumper.  Just hope that I don't scrape the plug off first.
    My 4 pin had already been buggered from off reading with out a trailer, so when I mounted my 7 pin, I did so behind the rear bumper so it it isn't the lowest pint any longer.  I haven't tried using it yet, but I suspect the cable should reach...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback