Options

Alde

What does the temperature readout on the alde panel represent.  It does often is 10deg. different than the temperature of the trailer, although other times it is close.  If trailer temp is 65 but the alde readout is 75, where do I set the temp to get a little heat?  I am confused.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Do you have a cover on your A/C? Cool air does come through the A/C unit, making the Alde work harder to try to keep the thermostat's temp at the requested temp.

For a quick overnight stay, cling wrap will hold to the vent on the outside of the A/C unit, but will come off when driving. 

Awesome Elsie in Parts does have a snap-on cover made for the outside of the vent that will stay on in cooler temps. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Also, the digital thermometer is notorious for being inaccurate.  You can adjust the temperature reading via the settings panel.  I had to adjust mine close to 7 degrees cooler than it was reading.  Grab a hand held thermometer and verify that your Alde control panel temperature is accurate.  If not, adjust it via the settings panel.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ColoradoJon, mine was 4* off, but at least they give us a way to adjust for our actual temps. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    @Verna - agreed!  I really like the Alde system :)
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    One more thought. Remember that heat rises. In our 400 there can be a 4 to 5 degree difference on our our little thermometer when we move it from the tabletop to up near the Alde control panel which is much closer to the ceiling and leave it there for a while. And, yes, we had to adjust our Alde readout by a few degrees.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400