Options

Suggestions around Sandpoint ID, Stanley ID, Salmon ID, or maybe Coeur d'Alene

gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
edited September 2017 in Camping & Travel
We're going to try to get another short "long weekend" trip in, next weekend or the one after.  Thinking Idaho, because it's pretty and it's close.  CDA is close.  Stanley would be a long drive.   It'll be cold :-)  I'd prefer power, and potties/showers.  Any recommendations? 
2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
Camping under the Big Sky

Comments

• Options
    SGH0004SGH0004 Member Posts: 62
    We may try Henry's Lake State Park in a few weeks.  They have hookups but may be farther South than you want to go.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Might even try Farragut State park. A lot of the State Parks around the area are starting to shut down this time of year. You're almost to Spokane, and Riverside State Park (Bowl & Pitcher) is open year round. You can ask @Homebodyatheart about the facilities, as she's stayed there quite a few times. I know they have power, and water (not sure how long they keep water running for the individual sites, but I saw a central spigot that I believe they keep on) As far as showers go, again, I hope she'll chime in here as I'm not sure of that one.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Wagonhammer RV Park on the Salmon River near North Fork is quite nice and reasonably priced. I believe they close at the end of October. October is usually a busy month--steelhead fishermen. The run is poor this year, so I suspect the campground will have plenty of sites open.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @gophergrad, Riley Creek campground up by Sandpoint (I think) is a fave of @2Cougs. Farragut is nice, nice showers and restrooms, too. I camp a lot at Riverside State Park, Bowl and Pitcher in NW Spokane on the river because it's close to work and home. It's less than a half hour from the freeway/Maple Street Bridge but you are out in nature. I can sneak more trips in this way! The loop on the river has many nice spots, all with water and power and a nice dump station on the way out of the park.  I've seen quite a bit of wildlife there, too. Facilities are always clean and well stocked, showers do require tokens, 2 for $1.00 (3 minutes a token) at the box outside the check in booth. Starting October 1 it is drop in only, no reservations taken till May 15, 2018. 

Coincidentally, I'm camping there next weekend with the Campground Diva's, a local group of gals who love to camp. That's 9/28-10/1. I'll be in site 5. Can't miss me...I'm the one in the T@b MaxS, silver with red trim.

Also, if you would like to have a meet up with the local SpoT@bbers let us know and we can meet somewhere for a meal or something. It would be fun to meet up with you!

Hopes this all helps!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @gophergrad, My wife & I did a road trip to the Sandpoint area last weekend. I'm not sure if Riley Creek ( although a really nice campground) will be open, as we spoke with the Camp Hostess while we were there. She told me there were only 14 more days to camp there, so if that is your choice, you might want to check to see if they are still open or not. Quite a few in the area had already closed for the season. Probably would be a good idea to go on the Idaho State Park site, and do some inquiries first.
    As @Homebodyatheart indicated, our SpoT@B breakfast is scheduled for Saturday the 14th of October @9:30 am at the Perkins on  12 E Olive St. We will post for this event here in about a week if you'd like to attend, please let us know, you're more than welcome to join in the fun!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HerFineMessHerFineMess Member Posts: 23
    I'm not sure if this is too late, but there is a cute little campground right in Stanley that has RV section. I was just there this summer and I fell in love. We didn't camp there because we just drove up from another part of Idaho, but we want to go back next summer!  http://www.mountainvillage.com/

--Meg 
    Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
    T@B Outback
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 
  • Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Thank you all.  I will report all this to the SU and see what she thinks.

@ericnliz We are strongly considering the October breakfast.  There is a Spokane Chiefs game on the 13th and we also want to test drive some cars (limited dealerships over here).
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    The invite stands if it works out for you. You may, in fact, consider it an open invitation for whenever it does work for you! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Several years ago we made the 12hr trek to a T@B/LG rally in McCall, Idaho and loved the park there.  Great camp sites, near a cute little town, killer lake.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Heyburn State Park just south of St Maries, Idaho is also nice.  On the east side of CDA and I think they are done with reservations but allow walk ups thru maybe end of October.  You might want to check that out.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    KootenaigirlKootenaigirl Member Posts: 12
    If you make it to Sandpoint the campground at the Bonner County fairgrounds is nice, has good showers, all sites have electric. You should probably check re if they are staying open or closing in the fall though as it varies.