Options

Durango, Colorado RV Parks

Does anyone have a place you just love to camp in Durango, Colorado? I'm headed down there next week on my way to Arizona. I'm taking the scenic route and stopping to see Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, and Horseshoe bend on my way to Phoenix. I'm thinking that Durango is a good stopping point for the night and would love your suggestions. I need a pull through site because I am still very challenged at backing up. 

--Meg 
Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
T@B Outback
Jeep Grand Cherokee 

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    There’s a KOA just east of town that’s probably your best bet...also several RV parks just north of town; if you need details on those let me know.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The Durango KOA is the nicest ones I have ever stayed at--friendly, helpful--I'll bet they'll even back it in for if you wanted ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I second Verna's comments. Stayed there after the Durango get together and had a great experience. 
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    We spent two weeks at Lightner Creek campground this summer while working on a Habitat For Humanities home build.  Very nice family owned campground.  Highly recommended.
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    A lot of campgrounds around here start shutting down in late September...I see Lightner (which is nice and close to town) closes 10/1... http://www.camplightnercreek.com/

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
    Joe said:
    We spent two weeks at Lightner Creek campground this summer while working on a Habitat For Humanities home build.  Very nice family owned campground.  Highly recommended.
    I'll second that. VERY nice campground.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    HerFineMessHerFineMess Member Posts: 23
    Verna said:
    The Durango KOA is the nicest ones I have ever stayed at--friendly, helpful--I'll bet they'll even back it in for if you wanted ;)
    They back it in for me? Dang. I knew I loved KOAs for a reason. You all should have seen me trying to back up when I stayed at the Rifle Gap State Park a few weeks ago. If it weren't for a nice couple coming by to help me, I may have had to sleep halfway in the street!  :)

--Meg 
    Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
    T@B Outback
    Jeep Grand Cherokee