Battery pack for lanyard breakaway system

Anyone had any experience with this system... Literature mentions protecting batteries from freezing... Like winter camping? Lol...lifespan of batteries? Testing ? There seems to be two leads on pack... Does the 12 v battery charge these batteries ? I'm rambling.

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Here is your answer via ETrailer.com:  Trailer Breakaway Charging
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • bigmattbigmatt Member Posts: 31
    If your talking about the small black box the cable comes from for your breakaway,the small black box is just a switch,the 2 wires going in and out of the back,one wire goes to battery,the other goes to your electric braking system on the trailer, when the cable coming out the front is connected to your hitch,it is for safety, if you trailer should come unhitch,that cable will pull out the "plunger" once its pulled out ,the switch will be activated, completing the circuit, sending 12 volts to your brakes from your battery,stopping the trailer from rolling down the highway on its own. You can test it by pulling out the plunger by the cable,just give it a jerk,once its out, you brakes will be on ,on the trailer,provided your battery is charged, the plunger can be snapped back in.
  • Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Thanks so much ... Yep I tested it and it works properly...I understand the system much better...great safety backup system for a really nice rv...!