Options

Heating issues in our new 400

We have driven from MInneapolis to the most part of Novia Scotia and the 400 has been wounderful except on cold nights in the low forty"s the Alde will only heat the interior to 62 degrees. I believe our settings on the controller are correct and we do get hot water. I tried the tipping forward and backward but had no response.WE will be stopping in Sugar Creek to have them take a look on our way back to Minneapolis. After talking wirh NuCamp the 400 should have heat coming from the back, front, sides and in the bathroom. Does anyone have thoughts on how to correct this problem. It's cold in NOvia Scotia.  Thanks

Jon and Leslie Richey
T@B 400 TV 4 ruuner 2016

Jon and Leslie Richey
2018 T@B 400. TV 2016 4 Runner
Minneapolis,MN

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    In my opinion 62F is perfect for sleeping :)

Are you running the Alde on propane or shore power electric, or both?  The 400 has a larger interior space but it also has more heating elements.  Are you getting heat from all of the areas that you mentioned?
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Could you post a pic of the Alde in menu mode?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We just checked with the factory and got this response:

"1.                   Check the Red dial on the circulation pump found by the Alde Heating System itself underneath the bed, shown in the picture below. It should be turned to 3 (This controls how fast the glycol flows through the convectors)

2.            Check the Alde Glycol Level, this can affect how efficient the Alde heating system runs."

Let us know what you find!

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @JonNLeslie
    We meant to tag you in the above post. 
    @VickeyP
    You might find the above post helpful. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    JonNLeslieJonNLeslie Member Posts: 20
    Thank you for the input. The ALDE is on electric. The pump is set on 3-4, the gylcol level is fine and the settings on the thermastat are:
    Temp 72
    Electric on #2
    Pump at THerm
    Pump at 4
    External starft off
    Amps at 20

Jon and Leslie Richey
    Minneapolis,MN

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @JonNLeslie I have a 320S and have to set the thermostat at 85' to kick it in, then down to 82' to stay warm. My tabletop thermometer will read in the 60's otherwise. It never gets to the 80's. Hope this helps!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    JonNLeslieJonNLeslie Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the info. I will give 85 a try and have my flip flops and beach towel ready

Jon and Leslie Richey
    Minneapolis,MN

• Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    Also you have to make sure that there are no obstructions for the cold floor air to circulate under the benches all the way to the back where the alde fins are and if your back panel opens up to let max heated air flow out. Small things in the way really make a difference.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the info. I will give 85 a try and have my flip flops and beach towel ready
    As noted in some of the other forum discussions your thermostat might be off and in need of being calibrated.   Have you used another digital thermometer to see if there is a difference between it and what the Alde is reading?   Heat does rise too and that could fool the Alde thermostat, so maybe you will need to check it for accuracy and keep them sandals and beach towel handy just in case!    =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ