Options

Hello Everyone!

bramptontabbramptontab Member Posts: 16

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am from Brampton Canada.

I wanted to say Thank You for everyone’s contributions to this forum, and I’m glad it survived the move from LG.

My wife and I wanted a small trailer ever since we saw a 5-wide back in 2011ish. However, it had to be put off for school, life events and for the right tow vehicle that wasn’t a hog. A very unfortunate accident opened a fortunate window to upgrade. A 2016 Toyota Venza v6, tow package, ready to roll.

This year we purchased a 2017 Max S tab and have been absolutely thrilled with it. After tents, pop ups and back to tents over the years since I was a kid, the tab has been absolutely amazing. From boon docking to KOA’s it has been a lot of fun.

I hope I can be as helpful as those before me, I figured now is the time to register. I'm moderately handy, master of none, and prefer DIY that uses common tools not a PhD.

The one piece of information this forum provided that I was not ready for, was the amount of people wanting to stop and talk at every gas station, toll booth, grocery store and campground that we have been to. I wanted to be different, live small, not stand out ha ha.  

If you see a tab with a Blue Jay on the back, that's me. Hope you can say hi. Are there many tabbers from Canada out there?

2017 T@B S Max
2016 Toyota Venza 3.5V6
2012 ShihPoo White

Comments

• Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats and happy trails!
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @bramptontab Welcome! There are many Canadians on this forum and the TAG forum. For chuckles, just search on zombies and see the stories! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @bramptontab , Zombies abound when you are with your T@B! As @Twojgrams mentioned, check out some of the stories. (I'm quite sure as time goes by you'll have a few of your own to contribute!) ;) Welcome to the forum, and you'll find quite a few of your Canadian neighbors here. Have fun & join in.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    On my recent trip Nova Scotia way, no one seemed to pay any unusual attention to the T@B. Maybe Canadians are more restrained and polite. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Zombies... I get it. the ones in Canada point and stare, the ones in the US come right up to you. Nothing like a little scare pumping gas.
    2017 T@B S Max
    2016 Toyota Venza 3.5V6
    2012 ShihPoo White
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    Hi Kyle. We are in Ottawa. Just got our Outback in the spring but have already put 8000+ kms behind us. Watch for the mini tab rally in early August. Met some great tab folks there this year. Look forward to seeing you on the road!

James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    SamrollseyesSamrollseyes Member Posts: 29
    Welcome Kyle and family! Happy trails from Idaho and will watch for you down here. Stay safe!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Welcome @bramptontab! I chuckled at your 'zombies at the gas station' comment. My first zombie group was at a gas station on the way home from a T@b gathering last May. I was traveling with two other T@b couples back home and there was a group of bikers there. I had to wait for a pump, and started talking with one of the guys. Next thing I know a group of the gals came over and asked if they could go inside. Without thinking I said "No, but you can look through the windows" so they did. There were probably a dozen altogether. They were very impressed with all the amenities in such a small trailer, My friends found it amusing.  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome and congratulations on your t@b. There are 2 kinds of t@b observers roaming around. No doubt you'll encounter both. Lurkers and zombies. Comments on the forum regarding both. We just go with the flow. We got a guest book and ask those who want to look or inquire to sign. Always meeting new folks that way. Should you become overwhelmed, you have friends out here to help!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Just give @zombietab a call.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    @dragonsdofly. We do the same thing with the guest book! If you want a look, you've got to sign the book.
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yep, sign in, or Zombie on! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Guestbook. What a great idea! Thanks we will try that out! Zombies and lurkers abound indeed. 
    2017 T@B S Max
    2016 Toyota Venza 3.5V6
    2012 ShihPoo White
  • Options
    hymie said:
    Hi Kyle. We are in Ottawa. Just got our Outback in the spring but have already put 8000+ kms behind us. Watch for the mini tab rally in early August. Met some great tab folks there this year. Look forward to seeing you on the road!

Thanks for the heads up. Where does this rally happen? we would have loved attending uCamp but the summer months are not the best time for me to take off. Lots of shoulder season camping for this one.
    2017 T@B S Max
    2016 Toyota Venza 3.5V6
    2012 ShihPoo White
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    hi Kyle...lurker here, but I do own a T@G MAX XL, we live near Belleville Ontario, but our T@G was purchased from Platinum RV in Caledon so very familiar with the area, also have lived in Burlington/Oakville area for about 10 years...enjoy your T@B!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada