Options

T@B 400 air conditioner

Does anyone know the wattage rating for the T@B 400 air conditioner. I have a Honda EU2000i 2000W Generator and was wondering if it is adequate to boondock with. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @RFraer
    The specifications on page 5 of the manual for the Dometic Cool Cat Heat Pump Model 441003.701/441003A701 that came with our T@B 400 lists a minimum generator size of 2.8 kW (2800W)

With that in mind, although we also carry the Honda EU2000i and really enjoy dry camping, our attitude is that if the weather is hot enough that we definitely need the air conditioner that our best bet is to find a campsite with shore power.
    Hope this helps.

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Has anyone tried a 'Soft Start" added to the AC and then tried the Honda eu2000 ?
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    RFraerRFraer Member Posts: 87
    Thanks Skwhee, thats what i was looking for. We live in an area where there is a small possibility that we may have to evacuate due to a hurricane. That’s way I have the generator in the first place. When there is a threat of a hurricane campsites outside the danger area can be hard to fine so dry camping may be the only option. 

• Options
    BDA123BDA123 Member Posts: 20
    My Honda EU2200i runs my Cool Cat AC just fine as long as I turn off econo mode. This is without the SoftStart installed.

Trailer - 2018 Tab 400 with Solar
    TV - 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with bed rack/truck tent
    Adds - Jackit bike rack with tongue rectangular tool box
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited December 2021
    Yes, this was worked out about four years ago, when this discussion was started back in Nov. 2017.  But the question keeps getting brought up with new TaB owners.  The older Honda 2000i did run a CoolCat AC,there were some repots of issues, but the newer 2200i has no problem running the AC.  Good to hear yours is working as well.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    I have a 2021 400 and my Honda 2000i runs the AC fine as long as I shut off econo mode.  I'm thinking of adding a softstart so I can try it on econo mode but we hardly ever use the generator to run the AC.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH