Options

Wire size Amperage Chart/ Bulk wire recommendation

Hi all,
Just wanted to put this chart up for use when working with low voltage electrical bits. Lots of good information on here.
Keep in mind that this is for "LOW VOLTAGE ONLY!" Not for 110v or any A/C circuits!
Also, keep in mind that the chart is for the total length of the circuit! If the hot wire is 10 feet, the circuit is 20 feet unless you ground it at the load or source. We're talking total wire length of BOTH the hot and ground wires!

I'll put this here too although it might be better served in its own thread.
This is wire I use for many things and it's been very useful. The package says "speaker wire" on it, but once you throw the box away, it's for whatever you want. The wire is stranded copper in 14 gauge so it could be used for lights, solar installation or anything else that falls within the amperage specs. The sheath is also UV resistant so it's fine for exposure on the roof by your solar panels,radar mast installation and laser defense system etc. I used it for my backup light installation and appreciated that the wire is protected by the cover sheath and it's also easy to strip back for things. I got this roll at Menards but imagine they have it at Home Depot or you could find it online.

WilliamA
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.