Garaging T@B 320 S with 92" clearance?

Hi All!
I just joined this forum and am excited to purchase a TAB 320s next month!  I have read a lot about the garaging issues and solutions but still have a question:
My garage opening is 92" - should I be able to just drive (push/pull) the T@B in without messing with the tires/wheels?  Does anyone have pictures of their T@B in the garage?
Thanks in advance for any help.  I know "on paper" it looks good, but want to know if others have had experience with a garage this height.  Thank you!

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @lisaeggert, Might be a silly question, but...here goes: have you tried goin' REAL slow & checking the clearance? I had to do that with our Chevy Avalanche in our garage when I was askin' Liz to park it in front of the door because I didn't think she had enough clearance with the baggage rack on top. Not REAL sure I've lived that one down yet...our if I ever will. I did the measurements & swore it wouldn't work, until one day she INSISTED we try anyway. Needless to say, she parks in the garage now...both Avalanche & garage door unscathed.... :o Looks like I'll be keepin' ANYTHING over 2 inches of snow off the drivway though! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I had my garage door built
    to 8 feet when I built it. 7’6 might be doable but I would agree with Eric- push/pull it really slow. It’s gonna be real tight. The issue might be the garage door itself and the fan cover. I keep my fan cover open a couple of inches when she’s resting and I know it would hit the door if I didn’t close it. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @marknjudy, Good point with the fan cover. Not only the garage door itself, but the emergency handle, and arm that sticks down when opening & closing the door. I had to cut the brackets off a little on both doors to accommodate the height of the vehicles parked inside. Best way to test is to pull the emergency door handle down & manually open & close the door slowly to ensure it will not only open with clearance, but also close with clearance. Better to be safe, than sorry! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Double good point, @ericnliz. I suppose if the bracket and emergency handle were the low point, you could always take them off and manually open and close it. That is, if you have the thin metal garage doors they ise down here. Bets are off with a big heavy door. Though depending on whether he had a homeowners association he could do a roll up door pretty cheap. 

I have wondered since I got my T@B and have read the number of people discussing garage doors, how much it would cost to have someone raise the entrance a foot. When they were building my house I asked hiw much it would cost to make it an 8 foot door and was floored to find out it was only a hundred bucks to do it on a new home. No brainer. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2017
    8 foot door vent cover is 8 inches and still clears
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @lisaeggert you will be just fine with 92” height. Make sure your Fantastic Fan hatch is closed tight going in and out of the garage. I refurbished our old one car garage for the Tab. I asked the contractor for 93” clearance. I got 91.5”. Yes, I had to let him go over the cement pad issues, but I love my barn doors! He also raised three of the four cross beams inside, where there is now plenty of head space. My 320MaxS clears that 91.5” opening by 1.5”! I don’t have to mess with my tires or anything, just hook her up to my trailer dolly and back her in! Have fun with it!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • lisaeggertlisaeggert Member Posts: 8
    Thank you!  I can't wait to get my  T@B but have been worried about the space. I really don't want to remove tires and change rims.  I will post pictures when my little guy is home!  
    edited December 2017
    @lisaeggert there's a saying on the forum...we need pictures or it never happened!  =)  Waiting for your Tab is the hardest, but it is so worth the wait! Enjoy the journey! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Chris318Chris318 Member Posts: 5

I’ve also just ordered a new T@B 320S and have a tight fit in the garage. The official height of my door is 90 inches, but I can cheat a couple more inches by pushing the door up by hand. I double checked with NuCamp about the claimed height of 89 inches. Here’s part of the email exchange with Christine Camp the Sales Administrator – West.:

Me: I want to restate two important understandings I have about the T@B 320S. The outside height is 89 inches, no higher. The ground clearance is 10 inches under the mounted spare tire and 8.25 inches under the axel. Correct?

Christine: I did go out to the line to have these exact measurements and the mounted spare and under the axel are correct. However, the exterior height is closer to 90” if not right at 90”.

So, it looks like the 320S will fit in our garages. I also have to add; WOW Christine went out and measured the actual trailers in production! She is certainly setting the bar high for customer service. Well done.

Vent Cover: I live in Portland and it rains here (a lot). My solution for a vent cover is to have my dealer install a Fantastic Fan Ultra Breeze vent cover. Ultra Breeze is held on by four cotter pins which are easily removed. With the Ultra Breeze vent cover, I can get on a step ladder and put it on when the trailer is in the driveway and remove it before parking the trailer back in the garage. At least that’s the theory. I’ll let you know if it works in March, when I have the T@B.

Chris & Liz
    T@B 320S (as of 3-2018): TV-2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
    Portland, OR

@Chris318 I had the same issue. A friend of mine measured his Tab for me and at the highest it was 90". My shed door clearance is 91.5", and the beams inside are higher yet. I have never had any height clearance problems with that 1.5" difference. I use a trailer dolly (Harbor Freight) to move her in and out. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    As long as vent cover off and vent closed we fit in 92" with no problem. But I agree... Go slow as you only have an inch or two leeway and that could be different from trailer to trailer.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA