Options

looking for info on how the side walls are constructed.

atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
Hi All, want to install outside port for electrical hook up, 110 volt.  would like to know how the side walls are constructed so that I know where to locate with running into a brace or structure.  Possibly Michigan Mike could shed some light as he has been through the factory.  Mahalo for the information.  Fred and Donna 2013 T@B Q Maxx
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    My understanding, as posted by Mike, 1" thick solid foam, no braces in the foam.

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Sandra said:
    There is aluminum bracing within the side walls.
    Makes sense.  When I did my thread asking the same type of question, regarding wall construction,  I did not get that reply.

Like I said, sure makes sense. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'm interested in exactly where these bracing members also - I figured there had to be something the little shelves are screwed into. The windows/door probably also.
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2015
    Here are two photos that I took while visiting the factory in early December. (Just before they moved to a new factory.)

This photo shows the electrical box on the starboard side (passenger) from the inside.  You can see where the wheel well is one the top left side of the picture.

Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2015
    The second photo is from the starboard outside. The outlet box is not yet in place.  The wheel well is to the lower right of the picture.

Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    edited January 2015

If you want to install the 110 behind the passenger side wheel where the factory does, you should have no problem.  It is where I put mine.  If you do a search of the forum for "Exterior outlet," you should be able to read how I did mine, as well as suggestions from others. (I think there is a way to post a link to a particular discussion, but I don't know how, sorry.)  It was not as simple as I thought it would be, but I'm pleased with the results.  Check to see if there is a cutout of some kind in the wood framing and/or walls of the bench/bed that will accommodate a junction box where you want to install the outlet.  If not, you will have to cut one in addition to putting a hole in the side of the trailer.  Be sure the trailer is level, then use a level to mark the cuts for the opening.  This will make the outlet square on the trailer.  Good luck with the project.

Again, be sure you are disconnected from shore power and that the battery is disconnected before starting to avoid getting shocked.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I'm going to install a USB port near the rear of the trailer and run the 12v wiring in and around the Alde.