Oregon camping trip

jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
We're planning a short, first of the season trip and staying 3 days at Fisherman's Bend Campground on the North Santiam river East-of Salem Oregon May 10-13, Thursday through Sunday. Working folks can find it hard to get away, but it would be great to see some  T@Bs, or T@Gs, etc. there if you can take some time. 1.5 hrs south of Portland, maybe 2 from the central coast, 1.45 from the Bend area, so just a hop skip and a jump for some. It's a federal recreation area managed by the BLM and very reasonable. We'll be on the river loop, which doesn't qualify for the 50% discount with our Lifetime Passes for oldsters, but I think it's $22/night +$10 registration fee.Gray Outback with white 4Runner and 2 barking dogs! Hope to see you there!
Judi
John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @Twojgrams thanks for putting this out there! Do you live in Oregon? I looked up that campground and it looks great, especially the full hook up sites. I will need to pass this time. I'm meeting up with @Marceline in Tumalo May 15-17. I have my first outings planned closer to home on non-windy roads (I hate Hwy 22 even without a trailer). It would be fun though, especially the dog part (I have two Black Labs).
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @dsfdogs, we live in Portland. Hopefully this is the shakedown cruise for another long summer trip like we did to see the kids in Iowa last year, but maybe venturing further. I did just throw it out there as I believe we have quite a number of T@Bs in the state. I can barely organize a dinner party, so our invites will generally be like this. Thank goodness the forum has many folks who work hard to plan rallies! (And nüCamp, of course). We were in central Oregon a few weeks ago and were glad to stay at a resort due to heavy snowfall over the pass. Just sat around the fireplace, drank wine and told lies :-)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner