Options

Which Honda EU2000i generator to get for our TAB CS?

Hello,
After a camping trip last year during Labor Day weekend to Morro Bay State Park which is right by the ocean and experiencing a heat wave which made for a very unpleasant camping trip, we decided to look into getting a generator for those non-hook up trips. We are looking at the Honda EU2000i generators sold at Camping World. The Honda EU2000i Companion and the Honda EU2000i are the 2 models we are researching. The Camping World ad says the EU2000i Companion is designed for RVs. I just want to check to see if that is the correct model for our T@B. From reading past discussions, the EU2000i models should be enough to run the air conditioner or a hair dryer but not both at the same time, correct? 
Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I've run the AC with a Honda 1000, but prefer using the 2000 because it's quieter. The 2000 is more than adequate for running the AC and other electrical items at the same time. Not sure about a hair dryer. Can't you just place your wet hair in front of the AC vents?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited March 2018
    Honda has a new 2200 for $999 that the one I would buy. Amazon Prime 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    The Honda EU2200i has replaced the EU2000i. There was a discussion in the T@B Facebook Group last week about whether the EU2000i could run the a/c in a 320, and apparently it can for a 2017 like you have. Older models with a CoolCat reportedly can not run on that amperage/wattage. Since the new Honda model is 10% more powerful than what it replaced, and you have a new T@B, you should definitely be good.

The Companion does have a RV-native 30 amp connector, but it must be hooked up to an EU2200i in parallel to achieve 30 amps or it will only provide 20 amps.  Overall, you should be able to use an adapter to plug into the less-expensive (than the Companion) EU2200i. 

The links above explain this much better than I can. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    Thank you @Tabaz and @Dalehelman and @NorthIsUp . That helps us with our decision.

Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @NorthIsUp, welcome to the forum. Nice to see you're interested in a t@b. Good folks and a wealth of information here. Good luck with your decision and hope you have many adventures to come.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.