Options

Adhesive/glue for ceiling panels in a 400?

HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
edited March 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
One of our ceiling panels has come undone along its edge.  The trim piece has also come undone.  Any recommendations on an adhesive or glue to put them back in place?

Thanks!
T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State

Comments

• Options
    LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    400, pretty new, dealer issue maybe?

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

• Options
    unclemikebobunclemikebob Member Posts: 10

We're having  similar problems with our 2018 400 and I have an appointment Monday with our dealer to get them fixed. Want it to be on record in case it becomes a big problem later.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Problems during the one year warranty should always go to the dealer first, no matter how far away they are. Contact the factory if the dealer is not helpful. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    We live in the NW and bought the trailer in Arizona.  I took pictures to document the problem.  But it seems like it should be a simple fix.  The edge of the panel isn’t sagging much.  And the trim piece is very light weight.  For the time being I used 3M double sided 30lb tape.  If it doesn’t hold I’ll probably use @boo ‘s idea.
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Problems during the one year warranty should always go to the dealer first, no matter how far away they are. Contact the factory if the dealer is not helpful. 
    Should I contact a dealer closer to us, or the dealer in Arizona?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Haloo said:
    Verna said:
    The dealer you purchased your T@B from. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Haloo said:
    Verna said:
    The dealer you purchased your T@B from. 
    Thanks!  You are the bee’s knees!
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    Contact NuCamp first and get a warranty claim number. I had the same problem with my 320 and it was covered. 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    IslandJo said:
    Contact NuCamp first and get a warranty claim number. I had the same problem with my 320 and it was covered. 
    Will do.  Thanks!
  • Options
    tab4peacetab4peace Member Posts: 1
    We have the same issue on a 2022 Tab 400. To fix it the dealer is quoting $1,100. Does anyone know if NuCamp can help cover any of it, as it seems to be a manufacturing issue?  
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    We had a ceiling trim piece come loose. I refastened it with Le Pages No More Nails adhesive - it comes in a small tube. I masked either side of the joint; applied the adhesive to go under the trim and edge of the panel; set props from the floor (adjustable paint pole); let the adhesive set; removed the props, the carefully removed the masking tape with the help of a hobby knife; and bobs yer uncle. Make sure the masking tape is placed adjacent the trim piece and not under the edge otherwise you will not get all the tape removed.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON