Options

Removing T@B spare tire

deroistederoiste Member Posts: 3
Can anyone describe how the T@B spare tire is secured to the trailer bottom and how it is removed?

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Assume you are referencing the 320 model not the 400.

There are a few descriptions hidden in different Spare Tire threads with tricks for removing/installing the rear bottom mounted spare.  Have you discovered the forum search feature at the screen upper right under your Username?

Look for a Post by xbooooo from Feb 22 in the thread:

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/87853#Comment_87853

For one such example.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    There are 2 lug nuts that need to be removed. Requires laying under the trailer The lug nuts are a different size than the axel lug nuts. 3/4” for the axels 13/16” for the spare. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Caution @deroiste! Physical injury can be avoided by reading the threads mentioned above!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Twojgrams said:
    Caution @deroiste! Physical injury can be avoided by reading the threads mentioned above! Crying with laughter
    Which is why so many of us Move the Spare.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @deroiste here you go, I just did this and posted description and pictures of how to move the spare. http://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/comment/89700
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    deroistederoiste Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot; exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    But @deroiste Wandering aimlessly in forum threads reveals....actually, really truly quite a lot. Unless, of course, you’re on a mission.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    Caution @deroiste! Physical injury can be avoided by reading the threads mentioned above!

I can vouch for that, although I didn't injure myself, just broke the crystal on my watch face.

When I had my 320S, I changed the spare location to the tongue with a spare adapter. I crawled under the camper and started undoing the nuts holding the spare in place. When I was down to the last nut, I thought I was going to stabilize the tire with my other hand and let it down gracefully. Not the case. It came down with force and cracked my watch crystal. If I had not been wearing the watch, it would have been my knuckles.

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    Fortunately I never had to mess with removing the the spare from underneath. My dealer put the spare under the rear bench upon delivery. My first mod was putting it up on the tongue. I’ve since utilized the spare tire bracket to mount a sewer hose carrier.
    2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Just an FYI for spare removal.....Do it slow & find someone to help drag your toukas back out with spare in tow. Seriously though..the spare is heavier than you think while lying down & no good angles to get the lug nuts off without it coming down on your hand, so BE CAREFUL while attempting this. I'm still thankful my neighbor friend was walking his dog when I made this feat with the spare. An ankle grab, tugging & I was finally back out in to the world again! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    That is why, to avoid the spare coming down on me, I stacked up two columns of Lynx Levelers under the tire. The tire only had a few inches to ease down to them. Anything would work.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5