Options

Camping 2018

Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
edited April 2018 in Camping & Travel
Much like all of you, my wife and I are looking forward to another camping season with our T@B trailer.  The weather here in Vancouver is starting to look promising and we have made reservations for four days at Porteau Cove, BC., April 13.  I'm switching to camping mode by flushing the antifreeze tomorrow and putting all the gear in a corner near the garage door for a quick exit.  There's still two weeks before we leave so I guess I am showing signs of anticipation for the fun to begin.  Best of camping season 2018 to each of you and wishing you safe, joyful journeys.  We hope to go to the Oregon Coast and, or Northern BC this year. If you see us please stop by.

2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Bill_Cochrane, happy, safe and fun travel wishes to you as well. And to all fellow t@b travellers we raise our voices with Bill_Cochrane to everyone.  May you have the best camping season you've ever had, whatever your style and wherever you imagine or go.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Just finished turning on the water to the trailer for the first time after it's been winterized.  Not an easy accomplishment.  The pump would not prime.  Read many of the comments on this form and tried all but the air pressure on the outside of the water intake but to no avail.  I then held a bottle of water above the pump connected by a hose with a fitting on just one end ( the other end was in the bottle of water) and then turned on the pump.  The bottle and the clear hose to the inlet side of the pump held high and full of water much like an I.V. fed the pump and eureka water came out of the faucet. I turned off the pump so as not to deplete its' water.  I carefully disconnected the IV hose and reconnected the trailer hose from the water storage tank. I turned on the pump again and flushed the toilet.  I read to try that water first on this forum.  Water came and continued to flow.  Next the sink, then the shower.  All work and the pump is primed.  I tell you there must be a better way to get this pump working.  Way too much work.  Or am I missing something?
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Bill, what I do is fill the fresh water tank, completely, then turn on the pump.  I run water to the toilet first.  It seems to be the lowest outlet in the system.  Then I run water through the shower (inside).  Then run water to the sink last.  This is all cold water only.  Then I run water through the Alde last; it is the furthest point from the pump.  Then I run “hot” water back to the sink.  It sputters a lot and takes time to get the air out, but it will eventually run as a stream.  Keep the flow light, as the pressure has knocked the filter out of my sink faucet in the past!  I never have a problem doing it this way.  You can speed up this process by running water through the system with your shore water connection, remembering to include a pressure regulator in your connection.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Thanks John, I'll be sure to follow the steps you've indicated in the exact order.  Perhaps it will make all the difference for me.  Failing that , I might have to give my T@B another I.V. next spring :)