Options

2018 Norcold fridge won’t start on propane.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Verna, Am I gonna have to give you the @Homebodyatheart lecture about reading the manuals???? :rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz, right after my house goes up for sale I will have time!  Patience, grasshopper, patience!  

The books/manuals are under the bed. I’ve been taking an afternoon/evening break out there daily to get Sunny Day used to the 400 and I need to take some of that break to read!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     =);)  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    Tabaz said:

This sequence has allowed me to start the frig on propane on the very first try for over a year now.  This is a 2016 Norcold with the "guts" on the left side:

Level the trailer.

Open valve on propane bottle very slowly.

Light one burner on the stove and leave it on for about 40 seconds.  Turn off the stove.

Move the temperature knob on the Norcold to the 6 O'clock position.

Push the red ignition button in and hold until the green light comes on.

Wait no less than 60 seconds while holding the red button in with the green light on.

SLOWLY release the red button.  The frig should now be lit and the green light on.

Hope this helps.

You use the 6 oclock position instead of the 12 oclock that is labeled “Start”?

2013 T@B Maxx
    J
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    You use the 6 oclock position instead of the 12 oclock that is labeled “Start”?
    Only a guess but expect 12 & 6 o'clock references are just different ways of viewing the knob.
    The 3136 Manual states "place the Knob in the Start Position", Press & Hold the Gas Safety Button, then press the igniter button.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+