Options

Is the outback/boondock worth the upgrade?

MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
I am often asked if the outback (boondock) upgrade is worth it. Well, if you're going down dirt roads, my answer is yes.

I put together some footage of towing the boondock around. Most of these places I simply couldn't go without the clearance. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImacFS-4vwA&t=14s

Love & Light!
2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Love & Light!

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    2X
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Since you've gone through one broken frame, do you worry you might break another with this type of travel?

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    As Always...Thanks again for sharing @MandyLea! I don't quite go down the roads you've shown for the Boondock Edition in my 320 S, but I'm not afraid of dirt/gravel roads. Just SLOW DOWN & take it easy. I look at it this way: If you're in that much of a hurry, you're missing a HUGE part of the adventure.....your surroundings & all the wondrous things it has to offer. Take the time to take it slow, even stop on occasion & take it all in. You'll be glad you did! ;)B)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    We did some boondocking in our 400 outside Moab and going slowly and taking time is best bet. The roads to get out to our spot were decent so my confidence was high:)
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    Sorry I just saw these comments! 

@newell - No, I don't worry about it at all. First, I know that nuCamp fully investigated the problem. It was out of their hands and they have isolated the affected frames. Secondly, the ENTIRE REASON I went with a tiny teardrop instead of a larger RV is because I didn't want it to impede where I wanted to go. My purpose is travel and thus if my vehicle/trailer is keeping me from going somewhere then it isn't the right one for me. I've had no problems with this guy!

@ericnliz - Omg, we drive SO SLOW! I often speed up my videos for the sake of time... but trust me, Kendrick is a slow careful driver.

@sdenhof - Yep, slow and steady.
    2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Love & Light!