Refrigerator Condensation issues

We have only taken our 2018 Tab320s on two weekend trips thus far. This past trip we had a serious amount of condensation inside the Norcold N180.3 refrigerator.  I had to mop up the condensation with a towel.  We previously had a 3-way larger Dometic in our class B and did not have this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions about what is causing this?  We were running on shore power.
Judy 

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited April 2018
    I keep a microfiber dish drying mat (cut to size) on the bottom of my three way fridge in my 320. It soaks up the excess moisture. I throw it in the laundry every couple of weeks while traveling to keep it smelling fresh. 

Why is there moisture? My only reasoning is that my fridge is not advertised as a frost-free fridge, therefore the fins can freeze a bit, creating moisture in the bottom. Perhaps your two-way fridge in the 400 is also not advertised to be frost-free as we are used to having in our houses. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We've placed a small tray directly underneath the cooling fins in our 3-way, and dump it every week or so. It's actually the top from one of those clear plastic egg cartons. It works perfectly for catching the drips, but I do need to secure it someday... :s
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I put my fridge contents in plastic containers which also makes clean up very simple. I keep frozen anything in one under the fins to catch the inevitable moisture, also keeping the frozen food frozen longer. Veges and fresh fruit will freeze if too close to the fins. I’ve got a 2017 320MaxS.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    ChanW said:
    We've placed a small tray directly underneath the cooling fins in our 3-way, and dump it every week or so. It's actually the top from one of those clear plastic egg cartons. It works perfectly for catching the drips, but I do need to secure it someday... :s
    Great idea ChanW.  We have tried several different size plastic trays under the fins and they are never quite the right size.  It's hard to find that balance between catching all of the condensation and completely loosing all that space.   

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I have a Dometic frig in my 29' 2005 Forest River Sandpiper parked down in Arizona that we're using as a winter outpost.  The frig runs on propane and110 V and was dripping badly as noted above and after doing further research we did find out that this is a common issue.  We also found out that the former owner had evidently tossed the factory mounted drip tray and once we installed a new tray the problem went away as water was routed beneath the trailer.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ