Options

New to T@B -- and the whole shebang!

Have just recently hit upon this idea for retirement (in two years); lots to learn and glad I have time in which to learn it!  Having thumbed through a few versions in my research thus far (Shasta Airflyte reissue, Sunset Sunray, Scamp, and Casita), I THINK I've settled on the Little Guy T@B Basic S.  Looking forward to spending lots of time here; thanks for having me.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Welcome aboard.
    I looked at the Shasta & Casita also and settled on the T@B - Couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Welcome, Outterhere.  I looked at several other options, too, but I think the T@B feels more "homey," and the construction and upgrades are much better.  You will quickly become T@B-obsessed.  I bought my T@B one year ago and have one year left before I can retire.  I have appreciated the time to get to learn about towing and everything else new to me (batteries, winterizing, de-winterizing, propane, etc.)  Have fun!!!!
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    we looked at Casitas for years...two deciding factors: 1) You have to get a big one for a big bed (I'm 6ft1in), and 2) there are no Casita dealers (and our one RV dealer doesn't like them)...our T@B dealer is only 20 miles away.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    otterhereotterhere Member Posts: 5
    I'll likely purchase before retirement in order to "practice" and familiarize myself with everything before setting out.  I also wouldn't mind using it for weekend getaways close to home if friends will let me boondock in their driveways; much cheaper than hotel rooms!  Having a dealer just a few hours away helps, too...

Thanks, everyone! 
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard otterhere.

We are primarily weekend campers (and occasionally longer), a long way from retirement.  The T@B fits us very well as it is easy to setup, easy to tow, allows stand-up space, and can be stored at home because it fits in the space we have.  Many of those others offer the same, but I also like the look and craftsmanship in the T@B, which is something I don't think you get with some of the others.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    otterhereotterhere Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the welcome, guys.  The more I research, the more I think just the Basic will do me just fine.  Will have to figure out a tow vehicle (I drive a tiny economy car) and the toilet facilities (would like to dry camp), but EXCITED; will look around your forum now.  Go small or go home!
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Welcome.  I saw a post that mentioned KY.  We have a new 2014 S Max, just waiting for warmer weather.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
  • Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
         I bought the wet/bath.  Never have been into camping before my T@B purchase. Love the convenience of having  facilities inside.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.