Options

Custom cover for Tab400 ?

shinesshines Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Products and Accessories
Any recommendations regarding the CUSTOM Tab400 cover in the Teardrop Store?   

We just got our Tab400, our first camper (exciting!), and are looking to take good care of it.  It will be stored outside so a cover seems a good idea if only to keep the bird droppings, etc from altering the finish.  Many people seem to recommend one as well.

However, the cover is $500 and there are current ZERO reviews - which makes us nervous.  It looks a bit tight and we're worried we won't be able to use it after adding a backup camera, which is something we'd like to do in the near future.  The Zip door looks nice though.  

There's less expensive, non-custom covers online at Amazon or Walmart, but it's hard to tell if they will fit.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sunshinesunshine Member Posts: 23
    shines.We too have a 400 and had the same thought as you. "big investment to sit outside all year round" We bought our cover from Pahaque. Expensive! But very well made, Heavy duty material, not too tight, nice door zippers and straps to secure. We do not have a backup camera but our cover would definitely fit if we did. We had it on throughout a pretty bad winter (for VA) and it not only did a great job of protecting the 400, it still looks like brand new. Our thought was to buy a "nice" cover once instead of an "okay" cover twice. I hope this helps and have a blessed day!
    2018 TAB400 - M@ry-Christine, White/Black, 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, White
  • Options
    sunshinesunshine Member Posts: 23

2018 TAB400 - M@ry-Christine, White/Black, 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, White
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @shines, can't speak to your question, but welcome to the forum, the t@b family, and congratulations on your trailer! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    I have one by pahaque for my 320 Q and feel it is excellent quality 
    l
  • Options
    shinesshines Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone.  It sounds very promising and the photos are a great help.  I think we will take the plunge.  The concept of buying 1 high quality cover versus multiple ok quality covers makes sense!
  • Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    Cabelas makes a teardrop cover. Their medium looks to be the right size. I have a small on my CS and it is a good quality cover. I will probably try that for the 400 as it is about $300.