Options

Bathroom door opens when traveling

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
About half the time when we arrive somewhere, we find that the shower door has come open and has been swinging around. It looks like the little latch thingy is rotating just enough to let the door come open. Has anyone experienced this and resolved it?
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Ghosts in the T@b? They gotta go too.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Photomom, pop off the little cap and there is a screw that can be tightened on the latch. If it’s still loose, the wooden toothpick trick of putting toothpicks in the hole with glue to tighten up the hole should work. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2018
    Yes, ours loosened up too. At one point it turned to the 'locked' position all by itself!

I think that was when I moved it higher, to be reachable from inside the shower (fear of being locked in the shower with no one around to let me out!)  :s
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    @Photomom, pop off the little cap and there is a screw that can be tightened on the latch. If it’s still loose, the wooden toothpick trick of putting toothpicks in the hole with glue to tighten up the hole should work. 
    Thanks. I had tried tugging on the latch thingy but it wouldn’t budge, didn’t realize there was a cap. The screw was pretty tight but I was able to give it about an eighth of a turn. Will see how it does on our next trip, to uCamp!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York