Ever wonder how the T@B is made here is a cool video

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Rick, one of the highlights of last year's Tearstock was the Factory tours at the Pleasant Valley Trailer Company where all LG's are made. While I haven 't seen any mention of the tours this year, I certainly hope to tour the factory again. Thanks for this video--very informative.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Great find Rick!

And as Verna noted, there were tours of the factory last years and it's interesting to see them building both the Little Guy and T@B units on two different assembly lines.  Should you ever get down to Sugar Creek, Ohio make sure you stop into the factory and check things out as it is an amazing experience!

Thanks again for the contribution to the forum!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • RickJamesRickJames Member Posts: 4
    Thanks I will have to check it out once I am able to get some time away from work.  Depending on what life throws at me this year will decide how soon I can make this happen  :D
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Interesting.  The process of construction looks actually very different then the process used in Sugar Creek, but with mostly the same results.  I liked the idea of how they built the cabinets, complete with appliances, before installing them inside the trailer.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
    In Sugar Creek they build everything inside the T@B, building the cabinets and then installing the appliances.

I think your water heater was just installed backwards Neal, as there should be a drain at the bottom of the water heater.  Mine is not conveniently placed, but I can still get a hose on it to drain it.

Sterling, VA
  • jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    enjoyed the video, thanks cyconic
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
    edited March 2014
    Nope, that is not good at all.  As you said, looks like you are going to have to take that out and spin it around, if the drain is even back there.

Brings up another thought, it looks like LG, at least early on with their T@Bs, were really trying a lot of different components and configurations.  I wonder if, with the 2014's, they have settled on a few things and they will become more standard.

Sterling, VA
  • CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    I have just added shattering of the caravan towing land speed record to my bucket list.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot