Options

Adding a lower keder rail to the bottom of a 08 tab cs. Has anyone done it ?

The top keder rail is there, wanting to add a bottom rail to fit a side tent. Or does anyone know of a way to secure the bottom portion without the keder rail.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    What year and model, please, as that will help to answer your question correctly.  Thanks
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    rch2908rch2908 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2008 T@B clamshell
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    I had to replace the rear, right side, lower keder rail as a result of a minor accident.  They are very stiff and can not be easily shaped by a novice.  It took several attempts and several weeks to finally get one from the factory that was close enough in shape for me to install.  This is not a criticism of the factory - they have a craftsman that starts at one end of the rail and shapes it as he goes along the arch of each individual trailer.  Not saying it can't be done - just be cautious taking this job on.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Yes, there is a special trick to "shaping" aluminum trim. On the Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers forums, there are folks that describe the process (Home built teardrops). You might could look that forum up and see what they say. (I haven't visited there in years since I got my T@B).
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I just remembered the term it is "annealing" aluminum
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    Tabaz said:
    I had to replace the rear, right side, lower keder rail as a result of a minor accident.  They are very stiff and can not be easily shaped by a novice.  It took several attempts and several weeks to finally get one from the factory that was close enough in shape for me to install.  This is not a criticism of the factory - they have a craftsman that starts at one end of the rail and shapes it as he goes along the arch of each individual trailer.  Not saying it can't be done - just be cautious taking this job on.
    The bottom of the CS doesn't have the curve so it would be a lot easier, I would think. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab