Options

My Norcold N180 Is Freezing Up

Hi all, I’m a newbie here so I apologize if my issue has already been addressed. I have a 2018 T@B 320 with a Norcold N180 fridge. I seem to get a lot of periodic condensation and now the cooling fins are icing up. I am operating on shore power and have the setting set to 2 snowflakes. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any and all input.

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Hi @DavidLM! Congrats on your new 320! I've got a different model in my 2017 320S, but that I do know is that yes, the fins do ice up some. I keep things like meats in a container under the fins, things that are OK to freeze (not my eggs or produce...done that once!), and use it to my advantage. Try cranking it down one little bit and see how that works. It is so different from a house fridge, and takes getting used to! It's good that it is staying cold, too! Good luck!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DavidLMDavidLM Member Posts: 24
    Thank you so much Homebodyatheart! I’ll try bringing the temp down a notch and see if that helps. Take care my friend and thank you again.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591

Also consider purchasing a Fridge thermometer to know the temperature at all times. Once you are using Gas instead of shore power You are the Fridge thermostat so knowing the temperature or temperature trend is helpful for deciding when to increase/decrease the flame or even turn the thing off (to stop overnight freezing)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    DavidLMDavidLM Member Posts: 24