Options

Screen door removal

norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
Both of the intermediate support screws on the screen door latch side have vibrated out. No problem, NuCamp sent a replacement aluminum plate with the screws attached (no charge- thank you Elsie). I need to remove the screen door to install the plate and it appears as simple as removing the two corner screws at the top of the door. Is that it? My concern is the small cable that keeps tension on the coil side. Reassurance is appreciated.
Dennis and Mary Jo
North Carolina
2015 T@b Max Q

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    There are also two screws in the floor inside the track
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
    Thanks. That’s what it looked like but all I could envision was the tension string zipping back into the screen coil never to be seen again!
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    edited July 2018
    The unit is completely self contained installed or not. The string will NOT "spring" loose as you take it out. Just when you put it back, use something to move the string out of the way on the bottom, so you don't catch the string under a screw head.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Also, FYI, I installed my NuCamp screen on a Dutchmen T@B, and the way my door frame is made, I wasn't able to use the side plates. So mine is just secured with the two top screws and the two bottom screws, and it's been fine since 2015.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL