Options

Windows Tab 400 -2018

VdunajVdunaj Member Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Introductions
New owners of 2 days!  Chuck and Victoria Dunaj from Travelers Rest, SC.  We immediately went to a local campground for our initial shakedown.  We have a few questions if anyone can help, thank you so much! Help first  please with windows.  Are there two lock settings?  One in the groove for slight air flow and one all the way in towards the camper and towards the two screws that secure the closure piece for a full closure?    Is the picture correctly locked?

Also, we have a filter looks like for AC.  Where do you install it?  Do you have to unscrew the cover on outside to place it underneath cover?

And the flap they gave us that snaps on outside of AC, is that just for when storing?  We were told for when going down road but seemed to almost fly off. 

Thanks for any help!  Loving it after night 1!

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    The window locks do have 2 slots in them.  As you guessed, the one closest is for full closure.  Do this for security, when you tow and the further one is for minor air flow.  Also,  don't forget to lower and lock the fantastic fan vent cover before travel!! The filter if it is for the A/C, will be installed under the seat on the drivers side.  You will want to remove the table, and cushions to gain access to the seat bottom.  There are 2 screws that are Square slot you will remove and the filter is inserted into the tan colored plastic grate on the inside of the lower panel.  The panel is by your feet when you sit at the table and has horizontal slots.  The filter can be accessed by pulling the plastic panel straight up and the filter will insert into it.  It slides back down into the slots and then you reinstall the seat bottom, cushions etc.  The vinyl flap with the snaps on all 4 corners is for covering the A/C vent.  I got 4 extra snaps and fittings and installed in all centers of the 4 sides.  I install ours when traveling and when cold camping and when stored to prevent insects from building nest inside the A/C.  How ever, if you have it installed, do not forget to remove it before you operate the A/C.  Enjoy you new 400!  You have a quality travel trailer backed by great service!!  We love ours!!!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    VdunajVdunaj Member Posts: 5
    I cannot say thank you enough!!! Thank you so much!!  We so appreciate your guidance and the information!  God bless and happy travels! 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome @Vdunaj! You came to the right place for answers! Happy camping! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    gooddogs74gooddogs74 Member Posts: 76
    I believe the filter they supply is an extra one and it should have one it there already.  Although I have not unscrewed my bench to look.  
    2018 T@b 400
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The newer 400's will come with a hinged access door on the seat that will allow for easy access to the KoolKat filter.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ